Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Bose Cinemate Series II remote not working

8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Cinemate Series II remote not working

Hello Rfjohns, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Cinemate Series II remote. To enable me to assist you more effectively, can you please go into more detail?

I'll look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Rfjohns
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Hit power button on remote and nothing happens thinking battery might be dead change it 3x before it finally works maybe weak batteries ?? But it works now 🤦‍♂️

Coloradokidd303
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

I ordered a replacement remote on ebay, same as my old remote, but remote will not work to turn on my system. Its cinamate series ll system. Worked fine before, but my dogs chewed up my remote.. do i need to do anything special to fix this issue?

Coloradokidd303
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Cinemate series ll not working Re: Bose Cinemate Series II remote not working

I ordered a replacement remote on ebay, same as my old remote, but remote will not work to turn on my system. Its cinamate series ll system. Worked fine before, but my dogs chewed up my remote.. do i need to do anything special to fix this issue?

Tegan_M

Re: Cinemate series ll not working Re: Bose Cinemate Series II remote not working

Hello, 

Sorry to hear your dog got to your remote! I would love to help. 

So I'm aware of what Cinemate II this is you own, can you confirm if this is the Cinemate II or Cinemate GS II? You can use this link to assist you. 

With your new remote have you changed the batteries? 

Do let us know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Coloradokidd303
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Re: Cinemate series ll not working Re: Bose Cinemate Series II remote not working

Yes, i installed brand new batteries and when i push buttons, the lights flash on the remote, but wont turn on the device.  So i have the cinamate GS ll. Should i just buy a different remote?

Sam_F

Hey @Coloradokidd303,

That seems quite strange. Is there anything blocking the signal from the remote to the system? Is there direct sunlight shining onto the receiver?

Also, if you haven't, try resetting the system as shown HERE. Let me know if that helps the issue!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nicoalvarez
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Remote control isn't working

Cinemate Series II ....the remote stop working. I changed the batteries for a new ones and it blinks 3 times and then any button works (not blinking). How can i turned it on without a remote??? If there is not a way. How can i pair an universal remote if my Cinemate is turned off?