Dazman1963
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Bose Cube speakers

Hello everyone,

I am building myself a second Bose lifestyle system and was wondering if all the qube speakers have the same quality and sound.

I did read this guys saying the redline cubes are the best. Can anyone shed some light on this as they all appear to look the same.

If I want better quality which serial or model should I look for.

Thanks in advance. daz

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Cube speakers

@Dazman1963 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am building myself a second Bose lifestyle system and was wondering if all the qube speakers have the same quality and sound.

I did read this guys saying the redline cubes are the best. Can anyone shed some light on this as they all appear to look the same.

If I want better quality which serial or model should I look for.

Thanks in advance. daz

I am not familiar with the Red line (other than a couple YouTube videos) but they appear to be part of the reflected sound line and are larger cubes. The best speakers were always the smaller jewel cubes with the articulating speakers. Whatever you do make sure your speakers are correctly matched with the Acoustimass modules and consoles.

Dazman1963
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thanks for that I think all qubes are the same.

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

They are not all the same.  Bose had the single cubes, then developed the "direct/reflecting" speakers that were one cube ontop of the other.  The smaller version of this was the "Jewel cube" which was made with more premium materials and had better sound.  Both the Direct/reflecting and Jewel Cube were replaced with a series II which was partially a design change, but they were supposed to sound better (no longer articulating, but inside the body, the drivers were still angled).  Now thier best ones are the Omni-jewel which put sound out 360 degrees. 

I would suggest that unless you have the right console and software it may not calibrate for the reflected sound in the best way.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Morlock wrote:

I would suggest that unless you have the right console and software it may not calibrate for the reflected sound in the best way.

I agree. The Bose systems are tightly integrated with little room for variance, even between series.

Mixing and matching is discouraged and could result in poor results.