Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rizzle937
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Re: Bose Cube speakers

I ended up with an extra base console that goes with the redline cubes. My now ex wife took my original in the divorce, I picked one up to work with my double cubes and then she gave it back. So I am picking up a set of redline cubes online, used obviously and trying to figure out if I want to go with the double cubes or single. Anybody know how much difference there is between the two? I love the double cubes, but they are going to go in a small room. But if there is a big quality difference, I will pay a LITTLE more.

Rizzle937
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

I should say I have the Acoustimass 10. Old but still kicking strong.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I would definitely go with Bose redline double cubes.

Rizzle937
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

I would love to know how much of a difference there is in the sound quality.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Probably no difference in SQ.  Just more coverage and dispersement.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Rizzle937  The duplex speakers give you the opportunity to spread the channel sound around more by aiming the individual speakers, usually one to the side one facing forward.

Go with the duplex models.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Rizzle937 wrote:

I ended up with an extra base console that goes with the redline cubes. My now ex wife took my original in the divorce, I picked one up to work with my double cubes and then she gave it back. So I am picking up a set of redline cubes online, used obviously and trying to figure out if I want to go with the double cubes or single. Anybody know how much difference there is between the two? I love the double cubes, but they are going to go in a small room. But if there is a big quality difference, I will pay a LITTLE more.

I found a couple of conversations that might be about your speakers on this forum. It appears that Bose calls them "double-falcon speakers". Did your system originally come with them or did they not have red on them?

IMG-6077.jpg

Also, it appears that there are models of those that are even older that use a rather unique adapter to connect them. Basically, the plugs found on Bose subwoofers were at one point were also found on the speakers themselves. 

Acoustimass 10 Wire Connector.jpg

If you are looking to mix redlined speakers with different types. There is no information if Bose made a cosmetic change to the speakers to create the next generations or if there is an acoustic difference that would require a different EQ to get the best sound out of them. 

If everything is redlined (and the sub was made for it) and you are asking about double or single. Then to my understanding that should be ok, though there would be different power requirements from your amp as it would be drawing I imagine twice the power for the double versions over the single ones. So you might find that the double ones are too quiet or the single ones are too loud. So I would adjust your amplifier accordingly to account for that.

Bxgx
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

The double cubes are definitely the way to go. I had singles but when upgrading them to doubles the soundstage was bigger. Sound was dispersion was clearly more. I use an scoustimass 6 module (turned really low, almost off because it is required) 5 redline double cubes, 4 Bose 161, 1 12” velodyne sub for a total of 5.2.4 (atmos). Took me 2 months to perfect. All speakers are calibrated, set to small with 80hz crossover frequency. 

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Bxgx wrote:

The double cubes are definitely the way to go. I had singles but when upgrading them to doubles the soundstage was bigger. Sound was dispersion was clearly more. I use an scoustimass 6 module (turned really low, almost off because it is required) 5 redline double cubes, 4 Bose 161, 1 12” velodyne sub for a total of 5.2.4 (atmos). Took me 2 months to perfect. All speakers are calibrated, set to small with 80hz crossover frequency. 

I always like the tiny jewel cubes found on the higher end Bose systems. They were a piece of engineering marvel and art. The past few year Bose integrated the cube speakers into one chassis and fixed at a specific angle. 

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.