Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: Bose Dolby Atmos speaker

All current BOSE products do not support "Dolby Atmos".  Even though just about every other company is utilizing Dolby Atmos in their sound systems, BOSE is diligently working on incorporating Dolby Atmos in their products.  BOSE has been working at aware of this issue for at least 3+ years and is addressing the problem.  Please let BOSE know your concerns as they are happy to listen.

Thanks for you question.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Bose Home Life style was launched in 2016. It has now been 4 years to have any new home theater from Bose. They should now announce the date of launch.   

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Would you pay $5,000 for a Bose Dolby Atmos system?  That's probably what is would cost.

If Bose were to announce a Dolby Atmos system is on the way, they would never sell anymore of their existing systems.  That's not going to happen.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Bose probably doesn't want to make a Dolby Atmos System for a few reasons, one the compatibility with Atmos tv's and Bpse probably doenst want to pay the lieceing fee.  But most of all Bose will have a hard time selling a system that is suppose to be easy installation, but if you really want Atmos you need speaks on the clinging, most people won't do that.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I'm thinking that if Bose ever does Dolby Atmos, it will be a soundbar with upward firing speakers built in similar to the LG soundbar.  I'm not sure how effective that is.  I know it doesn't work if you have high ceilings above about 14 feet.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I don't think the soundbar need an upfiring speaker to be compatible for Dolby Atmos if bose surround could be positioned specially:

https://www.nakamichi-usa.com/shockwafe-sse

Only 1 EArc port could be an issue as Dolby recommends that the sound system should be processing the audio signal, not the TV. Therefore, source devices (Streaming Devices, Blu-ray + XBOX ONE / PS4) should be connected directly to the soundbar and not the TV.

Am I missing something?