Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterVaz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2021

Bose LS 650 powering off randomly.

Bose product name : LS 650

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on : Please see attached pic. NO Remotes are configured for any of the devices to keep it simple.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce : The system powers off for no rhyme or reason whilst watching streams via the NVidia media player. I haven't watched a full movie via the UHD player as of yet as the system is only 3 weeks old and am yet to experience the surround sound from UHD's from the LS 650.

What environment do you experience the issue in? .. Whilst watching streams from NVIDIA

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

The system is 3 weeks old and I've just managed to make some time now to try and enjoy the sound quality of the product. I've always aspired to own a BOSE product and finally decided to take the plunge to own one. It was all great until I noticed the device powering off on its own without any user intervention. at first i thought this to be quite odd but disregarded it until I noticed more occurrences.

Any troubleshooting steps you took :

-Shut off the media player and used the Amazon fire stick only with CEC and Auto Off disabled, same issue.
-Connected to a Non-ARC HDMI connection on the Telly with CEC and Auto Off disabled, same issue.

-Reset device , same issue.

-Performed a Factory reset, CEC and Auto Off disabled, same issue.Bose Layout.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Liam_G

Re: Bose LS 650 powering off randomly.

Author Accepted Answer selected by PeterVaz

Thank you for confirming, 

Do you know if your NVIDIA or your TV have CEC disabled as well? It could be that one of the devices is sending a signal that is triggering the system to power off. I would recommend checking the settings on both devices. Depending on the TV brand, the CEC settings may be labelled as something like (e.g. Samsung: Anynet+).

Have you tried switching the CEC settings on the 650 system to "Alternate" and testing it further? 

Let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Liam_G

Hello PeterVaz and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having power issues with your Lifestyle 650, I'll be glad to help out! 

Thank you for providing all the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far. I can see you mentioned that you disabled the CEC setting, can you confirm what device you have done that on? Was it just the firestick or on the 650 console as well? 

Have you also changed the batteries in the remote as well just in case the remote is part of the issue too. 

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
PeterVaz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2021

Hiya, thanks for the prompt response. I disabled CEC on the 650. Last night the issue resurfaced (650 powered off with a gurgled sound from the centre speaker for a few secs) as I was watching a movie streaming via the NVIDIA. The UHD and the Fire stick are powered off and not used since the installation. hence essentially its the TV , NVIDIA and the 650 that's switched on if that helps.

Liam_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by PeterVaz

Thank you for confirming, 

Do you know if your NVIDIA or your TV have CEC disabled as well? It could be that one of the devices is sending a signal that is triggering the system to power off. I would recommend checking the settings on both devices. Depending on the TV brand, the CEC settings may be labelled as something like (e.g. Samsung: Anynet+).

Have you tried switching the CEC settings on the 650 system to "Alternate" and testing it further? 

Let me know how you get on. 

View solution in original post

PeterVaz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2021

I did set the option to "Alternate" and test with the same results. I did set the TV and NVIDIA not to go into sleep mode thereby preventing any triggers to shutdown as I couldn't find a related setting close enough to setting CEC off on them if there was one. In my attempt to narrow down to the cause .. I  had the same issue with the Fire stick also whilst the NVIDIA was powered off , which made me think that it may not be the NVIDIA after all. The console also turned off once when I was playing music via the Sound touch app that muddied the waters with my troubleshooting.

To be honest I am totally gutted with the experience from the unit so far , just because it tends to power off as and when it wants. Don't get me wrong everyone .. I love the sound from music and movie sources I've played so far but it breaks my heart every time the issue crops up. I've now sent the console , the sub and the remote to Bose service as requested by the Bose representative who has been conversing with me via the Bose WhatsApp support channel for a service. It was a very odd feeling to part with the device within such short period of ownership but am hoping the service team are able to fix the issue once and for all.

I will provide further updates on this as and when the device is sent back to me.

PeterVaz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2021

Hiya, The kit was delivered back to me by BOSE support from Belgium today. There was a note in the box mentioning the support team couldn't find any faults with the device post rigorous testing.

I have now setup it up back again and have turned off the CEC settings on the NVIDIA device , I will monitor the setup to see if the issue crops up again.

PeterVaz
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2021

The device hasn't powered off since the CEC functionality has been turned off on the NVIDIA device. Am happy to state based on the testing done that the issue is now narrowed down. Am glad that the BOSE kit has no issues at the end of the day.

Its now happy days with the LS 650 😎, thanks for all your assistance.