Highlighted
ybond3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Bose Life Style V25 keeps turning off and on the TV

Has anyone experience their Life Style V25 causing their TV to turn off and on by itself?  I have narrow it down to the Bose system because when I connect the TV directly to the cable box it works fine, but when its connected to the Bose, it will automatically shut off the TV for a few to several seconds and automatically turn the TV back on. I have tried switching different HDMI cable as well and the issue still continues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Life Style V25 keeps turning off and on the TV

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi ybond3,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Lifestyle V25 and your TV. 

The issue you are experiencing sounds like it is related to the CEC settings on some of the devices we have connected. The CEC settings are what allows devices to send commands to each other over an HDMI cable, allowing them to control things such as power on other devices that are connected via HDMI. 

As a quick clarification though, is it the TV itself that is turning off or is it the Cable Box that turns off then back on when you have noticed this issue happen? As that will change where we have to look for the settings that will resolve this issue. 

What we will most likely need to do is try disabling CEC controls on the TV and/or Cable Box and see if this changes anything.

If that does not work, another thing we can try doing is resetting the HDMI connection between your devices. To do this we should: 

• Turn off the Bose system, the source device, and the TV.
  • Unplug the Bose system, the source device, and the TV.
  • Disconnect the HDMI cables at both ends and reseat them ensuring secure connections.
  • Reconnect the source device, the TV and the Bose system to power.
  • Turn on the TV and the source device.
  • Once the TV and source device have finished powering up, turn on the Bose system.

Let us know how you get on with these steps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi ybond3,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Lifestyle V25 and your TV. 

The issue you are experiencing sounds like it is related to the CEC settings on some of the devices we have connected. The CEC settings are what allows devices to send commands to each other over an HDMI cable, allowing them to control things such as power on other devices that are connected via HDMI. 

As a quick clarification though, is it the TV itself that is turning off or is it the Cable Box that turns off then back on when you have noticed this issue happen? As that will change where we have to look for the settings that will resolve this issue. 

What we will most likely need to do is try disabling CEC controls on the TV and/or Cable Box and see if this changes anything.

If that does not work, another thing we can try doing is resetting the HDMI connection between your devices. To do this we should: 

• Turn off the Bose system, the source device, and the TV.
  • Unplug the Bose system, the source device, and the TV.
  • Disconnect the HDMI cables at both ends and reseat them ensuring secure connections.
  • Reconnect the source device, the TV and the Bose system to power.
  • Turn on the TV and the source device.
  • Once the TV and source device have finished powering up, turn on the Bose system.

Let us know how you get on with these steps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

ybond3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Hi Keith,  thank you for the suggestion.  I disabled the CEC control on the TV and it works fine now.

Thank you again.