Highlighted
RLV
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Bose Life Style - no HDMI

I have an older Lifestyle unit DVD w/191 speakers. I am removeing the Dish- Sat -CBL and going ROKU and live streaming. Currently I have the ROKU HDMI out - direct to my TV and am using the VCR input on the Bose remote ( along with HDMI 2 port on TV )

As expected NO SOUND from the Bose....using my TV speakers... I wou;d appriciated some hand holding to get the ROKU audio going with the Lifestyle..

Thanks to all in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose Life Style - no HDMI

Hello RLV,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

In order to provide the most accurate support, could you please let me know exactly which Lifestyle system you have?

I also have a few other questions that I would appreciate you answering:

• Are you receiving audio from any other sources and is it just the ROKU that you are not?
  • What is the Make/Model of your TV?
  • Do you have your sources connected through the Lifestyle system or through your TV and then the audio routed to the Lifestyle?
  • Do you have the audio output set to the Lifestyle system?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

RLV
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Thank you for your help...... Currently I have FM/AM/DVD... I did have DishNetwork , which I have dicontinued...plan is to go with something like HULU LIVE streaming service - using ROKU  ..My TV is a Panasonic TC-32LX70.

In regards to the Lifestyle... I am not certin which model, and looking at the unit serial number might be the only way. the operators manual does not say ? --I know it has NO HDMI inputs on the back... 

It their any way the system will display its model info ???

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Maybe if you would say exactly how everything is connected to what and with what cables, etc.  For instance, what devices are connected to your TV HDMI in's.  How is the Bose Lifestyle system connected to the TV?  Is it via an optical cable?  Are any devices connected to the Bose other than your TV?

Did you go into your TV setup and turn off your TV internal speakers and turn on your TV sound out to digital HDMI and optical?

RLV
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

This system was instaled by a BOSE dealer - who is no longer in business --so I'm on my own.

Right now there it basicly a stand along Bose System... Since I removed the Sat Dish... whick had a HDMI to TV & Audio cables to Bose... The Roku only has a HDMI ....

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It's hard to help you if you won't answer the questions.  All I can do is guess what you have and make suggestions accordingly. 

I would plug your Roku directly into one of your TV's HDMI ports.  That way, you can use the Roku with or without the Bose.

Next, you need to get sound from the TV to the Bose.  Since your Bose does not have HDMI, you can use an optical cable if both the TV and Bose have optical.  Otherwise, you can use RCA (red the white) from the TV to the Bose.

Finally, if you want to view DVD's from the Bose to the TV, you need a video cable of some sort from the Bose to the TV.  That would depend on what your Bose has in way of video out that matches video in on your TV.

Finally, to use the Bose for sound, you might need to go into the TV setup and turn off the TV internal speakers and turn on the TV output to digital if using an optical cable.  If your Bose is connected to TV with RCA cables you may simply need to turn down the volume on the TV when using the Bose for sound.

RLV
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

It's hard to help you if you won't answer the questions" ???? I'm doing my best to answers your questions.. I am not a professional audio/video tech- I fly airplanes for a living.

This sytem was instaled by a Bose dealer and all I am trying to do is repalce the Dish with a Roku....

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I am a pilot also.