Highlighted
BruceFloyd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Bose Lifestyle 135 System

I have my Bose AV135 system connected to a Samsung Q7 TV.  I have it connected with an optical cable which allows me to listen to the sound from the system’s sound bar and control the volume with the TV remote. The Tv remote I don’t seem to be able to turn the Bose system On or Off using the TV remote. Can anybody suggest a setting that will allow this function.

I have tried the connection via HDMI(ARC) cable. That gives me sound but no volume control.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bose Lifestyle 135 System

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I would love to do what I can to assist you with your Lifestyle 135 setup. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please confirm for us what series of the Lifestyle 135 system you own? Please scroll down this link to help you identify which series you own.

Can you also confirm for us if you use the Bose remote at all to control your system? Would you also prefer to only use your Samsung remote to control your system overall?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

BruceFloyd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Hello TeaganM, Thank you for your reply.

My system is a Bose Lifestyle 135 Home entertainment System.

Can you help me with my setup.

Regards

Bruce

BruceFloyd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Hello Tegan M and thank you for your reply.

My system is a Lifestyle 135 Home Entertainment system.

We would prefer to use the TV Remote.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards

Bruce

Hello BruceFloyd,

Thanks for getting in touch, we can go through some troubleshooting to try to get sound and video working then we can set up the remote. Let's start by doing a HDMI reset, to do this follow the steps below:

1. Unplug all the power and HDMI cables
  2. Wait 30 seconds 
  3. Plug only the power back in
  4. Select TV source 
  5. Plug all the HDMI cables back in
  6. Test again

It is important to note that the Lifestyle 135 system does not have HDMI ARC capability. 

In order to control the volume on the system, you will only need the remote for the Lifestyle system as the TV speakers are not used. You can find information on pairing the remote with the console HERE. You can find information on pairing other devices to the remote HERE

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

BruceFloyd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Thank you Zoe C for your reply.

I am receiving sound, through the soundbar, and an Optical cable from TV to my Bose Home Theatre, and I am able able to control the Bose volume with the TV remote. The only thing it won’t do is turn the Home Theatre On & Off.

I think the comment you made about the HDMI (ARC) connection is the answer.

The sound and volume is via the optical cable, but the TV and Home Theatre won’t talk to each other as there is no ARC connection at the Lifestyle 135 even though I am using an ARC cable.

Does that all make sense?

My next question is, I previously had the Lifestyle 135 soundbar flat on a cabinet. Now I wish to wall mount it under the TV. I have the WB 135 wall mounting bracket. Do I need to make any change to the setting now that the aspect has changed from a flat cabinet to rolled 90deg to a wall aspect.

looking forward to your reply.

Regards

BruceF

Hi BruceFloyd, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am sorry for the confusion in the post above, I have read over this for you and completely understand what you are telling us. 

The reason that the devices can't communicate wouldn't be down to ARC as such as this wouldn't have anything to do with this. Please ensure that the remote is set up correctly via the Remote set up video here: 

• On the system console, press the Setup button. 
  • On the remote control, scroll down to select Teach mode, then press the OK button
  • Hold the learning remote near the system console, then follow the instructions for the learning remote to teach it commands
  • Once complete, press the Setup button on the system console

Please update us on the result of these steps above! 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

generalzod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2016

Just wondering can I buy the same accoustimass module, adding to my system, having 2 accoustimas modules??

Hi generalzod, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

This isn't something that is possible with the Lifestyle 135 system as it is only compatible with one accoustimas bass module. If you have any other questions about the Lifestyle system then please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B