Bose Lifestyle 535 IIi and Sony 4k bluray player

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose Lifestyle 535 IIi and Sony 4k bluray player

I understand that the Lifestyle 535 sn't 4k compatible. I'm wondering what that mean. If I buy a 4k blu ray player and play 1080p blu ray disks and CDs in it will it work with the lifestyle 535. I get it won't play 4k. The question is will it act as if 1080.

The reason I'm considering getting a 4k Blu ray player is the sony x700 has a music upscaler to high resolution audio. However a similar question applies. Will the Bose lifestyle 535 receive more 1s and 0s and sound better or will it not receive anything more (or even nothing at all).

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose Lifestyle 535 IIi and Sony 4k bluray player

Hello colinshaper,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, that's a very good question! 

You will be able to use the Sony 4K Blu-Ray player with the Lifestyle 535 II, you just need to connect the 4K device to the tv and then connect the TV to the Lifestyle system this should give you the picture and still have the use of the Lifestyle system. In regards to your question, there is no set reaction that the Lifestyle might have as it varies depending on the setup and conditions, however, it is not recommended to connect to the Lifestyle as connecting to the TV is an option.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

thank you so much for your reply!

I don't have a 4k television! I was hoping that the 4k player would play dvds upscaled to 1080 and blurays at 1080p and the lifestyle 535 would accept this as if recevied from a standard Bluray player. (I have to ask sony the first half of this question - f  a 4k blu ray player can be set to act like a 1080p player )

the reason i'm even considering getting a 4k bluray is the HD sound. The question is if the Bose lifestyle 535 will "understand" the extra 1s and 0s produced by the blu ray device or simply ignore them or worse not understand the received data and not play anything.

any thoughts on this or even a suggestion on exactly what question I need to ask Sony to find out if the 4k blu ray player can be set up so that it is compatable with the lifestyle 535 yet still be an improvement on a standard bluray by using HD sound

thanks again

Colin

Hello Colinshaper, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I would look into whether the 4K player has video output adjustments to allow you to set the output level to 1080p, otherwise, you will not see anything if it is connected to the Lifestyle system or the 1080p television. 

With regards to audio reproduction, the Lifestyle 535 III features the following compatibility: 

-Uncompressed PCM 5.1
-Dolby Digital
-DTS
-Dolby TrueHD
-DTS Master Audio (will playback embedded DTS 5.1 file)

I hope this helps.

Jeff G

Audible Advocate

thank you. That sems very helpful. I'll ask sony if the HD music is produced / tranmitted with any of those.

Colin