Joe D 1227
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Bose Lifestyle 600 turns back on after I shut it off

I regret purchasing this system as it is overpriced and has been nothing but problem after problem. The latest is that the system won’t shut down. Everything shuts down then turns back on again. I have to unplug it then plug it back in to shut it down. What is the problem with this system? What is the fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Lifestyle 600 turns back on after I shut it off

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks, Joe. 

We have an article on the Bose support website related to troubleshooting phantom reboots. I recommend taking a look at these options as it may prove useful in remedying the issue.

Please let us know how you ultimately get on. 

Thank you. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Liam_G

Hello JoeD1227, Thank you for reaching out! 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Lifestyle 600. I will be happy to help you. 
How do you have your console connected to the TV? HDMI or optical?

What you could be experiencing is the CEC functions sending a power on signal back to the console after it has been powered off via the HDMI cable. 

You can adjust the CEC settings from the Lifestyle settings to one of three options:  Default on, Alternate on and Off. 
You can follow the steps on our support page for this setting here.  

I'd recommend changing the setting to either alternate on or off, and test the console by powering it off and see if it will power on by itself again.

Let me know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Joe D 1227
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Thanks for your response. I have the speakers connected through an optical cable. CEC caused other problems so I opted for optical. 

Jeff_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks, Joe. 

We have an article on the Bose support website related to troubleshooting phantom reboots. I recommend taking a look at these options as it may prove useful in remedying the issue.

Please let us know how you ultimately get on. 

Thank you. 😊

View solution in original post