Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Bose Lifestyle 650 ---Audio Issues!

Having intermittent audio fade out- from a full sound to thin sound occurring for a few seconds; also having same issues with the base sounds which would be lost briefly and associated with "crackling" sounds.

I've checked all connections and updated the software to no avail.

Did not have any issues with my old Sony entertainment system.  

Any suggestions, fixes would be well appreciated.  I bought this system on April 25, 2020.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 ---Audio Issues!

Hi Seasuntoes,

This is a strange issue you have run into here with your new Lifestyle 650 and I'd love to get to the bottom of it with you! So I can do so I do have a few questions about your setup to get a little more information.

You've mentioned this is an intermittent issue, have you noticed any pattern to when this happens? Is it always after a certain amount of time, only when using a particular audio/video source or anything like this?

As you mentioned having the same issue with the bass, are there 2 versions of this issue you are encountering? When the sound starts sounding "thin" does the bass module keep making sound?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Hi Keith_L,

For the first issue, it occurs during TV broadcasts and sometimes while watching movies on Netflix.  The audio (only) would briefly shift from a full sound to thin sound like you would encounter when your radio receiver does not have the antenna properly set up. Reverting from a full sound to thin sound occurring randomly with no set pattern.

The second issue is with the base which also occurs randomly and not necessarily associated with the TV audio problem.  The base sound would be lost very briefly then come back associated with crackles.

Both these issues are brief, random events that occur sporadically while  watching.  

I did not have any issues with my old Sony home systems prior to Bose.  Wondering whether I may have a defective though brand new Bose system.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch! 

Do you have an internet router near the console/between the bass module and the console? This could be causing interference and making the bass module drop out. If there's a router in the room, try relocating it/disconnecting from power for a short period of time to see if this has a positive impact on performance. 

With the speakers, please try to disconnect the cables from both the console and the speakers and reattach ensuring a secure fit. 

You mentioned you had issues with TV broadcasts and Netflix. What about if you tried streaming music from radio sources or music services like Spotify via SoundTouch? If the problem only exists with TV/Netflix, are they being delivered to the console via the same HDMI cable? Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.