Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmerz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Bose Lifestyle 650 Rebooting Constantly

I purchased a Bose Lifestyle 650 system and tried to have it professionally installed.  On Day 1, the system would continually enter a boot cycle where the Bose logo would appear on the screen during setup, then show a scroll wheel for a few seconds, then enter the setup process.  We could do a few steps, then a reboot would occur.  After several hours and a two hour wait with Bose customer service, the install guys called it a night.  On Day 2, after leaving the equipment unplugged over night, they performed a hard reset on the unit and on the remote.  Things appeared to be on their way to resolution, until we get to the last step of doing the subwoofer connection.  Once again, the system enters into a never ending reboot phase.  I'm incredibly frustrated after spending hundreds on dollars on a professional install and $4K+ on a Bose system.  I'm left with nothing but a complete home theater mess.  I'm close to boxing up everything and getting my money back.  Anybody have any ideas before I do it?

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 Rebooting Constantly

Hey mrmerz, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with the setup of your LifeStyle 650. I'll be more than happy to help you in any way that I can.

This is certainly not behavior that we would expect from the system and it does sound like there may be a hardware fault with the unit. I would recommend contacting your point of sale to see if they are able to exchange the console for you. Alternatively, I would recommend that you reach out to your local Bose support by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mrmerz
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 Rebooting Constantly

Thanks Jessie_O.  After 5 hours of troubleshooting by audio professionals I hired, I spent another 2 hours on the phone with Bose support.  Turns out the unit needed a software update to boot properly. Seems like a major problem for Bose by selling hardware that can't boot without a software update.  I would imagine most people would just return the unit instead of pushing through all of these problems.  I'm now able to get the system through the setup process, but unfortunately I'm still having problems.  On most channels, I can hear background audio and sound effects very well, but voices come through on the subwoofer only and very garbled and barely audible.  I plan to go through several setup options to see if I can figure something out.  If you have any suggestions, would love to hear them.  I'm highly regretting spending $4K on a new unit like this.  I hope I change my sentiments soon.  I'm contemplating just returning the unit to get my money back.