Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Bose Lifestyle 650 cannot reach Unify setup after connect HDMI ARC Samsung TV

Hi Dear

I setup my new Bose Lifestyle 650 to my Samsung Smart TV UA55KU6400 via HDMI ARC port. The issues happened:

1. I connect Bose console with Samsung TV via Normal HDMI, after I finished first time set up device, it had no sound on Speakers and I changed the HDMI to HDMI ARC port in TV, the sound on all speakers normally. But I could not enter UNIFY menu again. The console showed up the Bose logo with white background and restart again and again. I still hear the sound on speaker. I performed factory reset with hold Source and Setup button 10 seconds, the consoler LED indicator was white and blinked once, after that nothing happened, the console did not restart or shutdown to Amber, I ever cannot turn off the console with power button on front door and remote, just unplugged the power cord. After that I unplugged all cables and power cord about 30 mins. After that the restart loops still remain and I tried to factory reset, that will work and the setup process showed up to pair the remote and connect all speakers. I can finish the setup process, the sound can hear with all speakers again but if I connect the HDMI ARC port the issue happened again and I could not go into Unify menu again. I tried to manual update firmware by USB to fimware 25.0.0 but the issue still remain and no luck. 

2. The back button of Universal Remote did not work and that is very inconvenient when I need to use 2 remote at same time. I tried to change remote setup to 10 other 55KU6400 models but it still not fixed. So how can I fix this and how to update firmware for remote manually? Thanks 

3. Where I can find the newest firmware for my Lifestyle 650 US version? I tried to find all page at support page but I could find out the download page for US version and the firmware 25.0.0 of my console is newest? I only found the download firmware page on Bose UK server. 

Thanks for your helps. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 cannot reach Unify setup after connect HDMI ARC Samsung TV

I also tried 2 different HDMI for test but it will not fix the issues. Also sometimes I can enter Unify setup menu after completed setup process but after few times, the restart loops appear again and no way to enter Unify menu but the power button on remote and front door console still work and I can turn off the console. I have only 1 TV for test and do not have any devices else to check another HDMI ports of console. Thanks 

Highlighted

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 cannot reach Unify setup after connect HDMI ARC Samsung TV

Thanks for getting back to us. As you are not using HDMI-ARC (meaning sound cannot return back – “Audio Return Channel” from the TV to the system), this will be what is happening in point one. Your console sounds like it’s trying to boot up, and failing. So it will try to restart over and over. 

I would have personally recommended a factory reset, but as you have done this, I would just like to confirm the exact steps you are following to complete this. Are you following the steps here?

"The sound can hear with all speakers again but if I connect the HDMI ARC port the issue happened again "Could you please confirm what sources you’re using – is this an audio/video source from the TV? If so, where is it playing – on the console? Are you again using the HDMI (non ARC) connection? As this wouldn’t work. 

In regards to point three, you can update your firmware here. However, 25.0.0 is the latest version. You can try reinstalling it again, but likely may not have any changes. 

If factory resetting and manually updating the firmware do not help, I could only suggest using a different tv with the system, making sure that you’re only using the HDMI-ARC port. If the issue persists on a different TV, then you will need to contact Bose to service in your region by selecting it here

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Hi

i am sorry for lately response with your advices. I tried to test with 2 options:

1/ The sound from Youtube app on Samsung TV, the HDMI connect from Bose consumer to HDMI ARC on Samsung TV. The sound is good and can hear from all speakers, but can go into Unify setup menu, but sometimes I can access to Unify setup menu without Bose logo restart loops. I don’t know how it works but sometimes I can and sometimes cannot. At now, if I pressed setup on remote the TV shown the purple background color and can’t do anything, but I can back to other source and hear the sound on speakers. 

2/ I have a Qnap Nas TS-251+ and it has HDMI port, I connect the HDMI port on Nas to Bose console HDMI 1, and out the HDMI from Bose console to Samsung HDMI ARC port. The sounds is better than the source direct from TV. But I still not access to Unify Setup menu although the sounds is good on all speakers. 

I have another question. Can I use a sound card decode the DSD, DTS-HD MA or Atmos to delivery the digital stream to Bose console for better sound quality? Also can I use a HTPC with 2 HDMI output, 1 export pictures to TV and 1 export sound to Bose console? And last question is how to play DTS or Dolby True HD source on Bose console? I pressed more button on remote and saw the AV Output is LPCM 5.1 and never seen DTS 5.1 or Dolby True HD display on remote LCD although I played the MKV files have DTS and Dolby True HD via HDMI 1 on Bose console. Thanks