Bose Lifestyle AV18 remote issues (RC18T1-27)

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose Lifestyle AV18 remote issues (RC18T1-27)

Hello all,

I have been searching for answers online with absolutely no luck. My remote (RC18T1-27) decided to stop working the other day and I have absolutely no clue how to fix it... No matter how close I get to the media center or power cord, it will not work. 

What I have tried:

I have tried to reset the system

The power cord appears to be working fine. 

The RF coil in the remote appears to be intact (no rattling). 

I used an AM radio to test if the remote was sending a constant signal (as if a button was broken), it is not. 

I do not see any shorts on the board, but I still thoroughly cleaned it. 

The membrane looks discolored, but all of the buttons still work. 

I do not see any corrosion where the batteries are located. 

I know that the media center can 'hear' the remote, because when I put batteries back in the remote after a reset, a small green dot appears on the front right on the media center screen. The second I take the batteries out, it vanishes. 

Any help or guidance would be most appreciated!

Aaron

4 REPLIES

Re: Bose Lifestyle AV18 remote issues (RC18T1-27)

Hi iseeyou308

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the abrupt remote issues, but would be glad to help!

It seems you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already, and I certainly appreciate that.  I'd like to try a particular type of reset that a lot of customers have had luck with in the past:

• With the system off, press and hold the Enter button on the media center
  • Press the Store button until "Flash Commit" appears on the media center display
  • Release the Enter button
  • Press the Volume Up arrow

After that I would recommend re-associating the remote to the console:

• Turn the Lifestyle system off
  • Hold the remote near the media center
  • Lift the front panel cover on the media center
  • Press and hold the Enter button on the media center. The words "House Code" followed by four squares will appear in the display.
  • While continuing to press the Enter button, press any button on the remote
  • The words "New House Code" will appear in the display and the squares in the display will match the position of the first four switches on the back of the remote
  • Release the Enter button
  • Verify the remote works

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Good Morning, Tony

I tried several times-- no luck.

The media center still does not respond to the remote...

Aaron

Hello iseeyou308

Thanks for testing that for me.  Since the issue started, has there been any new wireless devices introduced to the area which could cause RF interference?  If not, it sounds like there may be something going on within the Bose media center.  I would recommend contacting your local support center by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom to display a number for support in your area.

Warm Regards,

Tony

Silent Starter

Tony,

No, I have not added any new devices that uses RF. 

Thanks for the help!