Australia

Firmware Version

N/A

App Version

N/A

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

TV

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When powering on the unit it displays BOSE LIFESTYLE, that's it. Unresponsive from remote control, DVD drive buttons don't do anything. Initially came up with 801, 802 errors, so I replaced the hard drive but still the same. On the Bose Australia website my serial number is found but I cannot continue with troubleshooting tips as the website is problematic and I cannot click on my product.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

TV room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

YES

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Replaced the hard drive with a genuine item with the OS software installed.

7 REPLIES 7
NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose Lifestyle AV38 issue

franktheodore@ymail.com wrote:

LifeStyle AV38

Australia

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

TV

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When powering on the unit it displays BOSE LIFESTYLE, that's it. Unresponsive from remote control, DVD drive buttons don't do anything. Initially came up with 801, 802 errors, so I replaced the hard drive but still the same. On the Bose Australia website my serial number is found but I cannot continue with troubleshooting tips as the website is problematic and I cannot click on my product.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

TV room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

YES

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Replaced the hard drive with a genuine item with the OS software installed.

Ok, I have a few ideas:

1. The hard drive needs power and a way to communicate with the motherboard. Make sure that the cables on the motherboard & hard drive are not loose.
  2. Plug the hard drive into your computer (using either a PATA to SATA or a PATA to USB adapter) and make sure that your computer can see it.
  3. There is a GitHub page that has Bose Firmware on it. I checked and they have a blank uMusic image located on that page. You could try and use the info there to see if that could help.

You might have done all of that already, but that all I could think of at the moment.

franktheodore@ymail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

Thanks NeonsNight,

I haven't tried any of those things but I will try and let you know. Thanks for your reply.

Regards, Frank.

NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Thanks NeonsNight,

I haven't tried any of those things but I will try and let you know. Thanks for your reply.

Regards, Frank.

No prob, let us know what you ended up doing and hopefully what worked 🙂

franktheodore@ymail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

Hi NeonsNight,

I have been able to connect the HDD to my mac and cannot find that GitHub file you mention.

Attached is an image of the contents of the HDD. This is the original drive that I removed from the Media Centre that was giving me 801 and 802 errors.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 6.11.59 pm.png

NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Hi NeonsNight,

I have been able to connect the HDD to my mac and cannot find that GitHub file you mention.

Attached is an image of the contents of the HDD. This is the original drive that I removed from the Media Centre that was giving me 801 and 802 errors.

lol when I said "GitHub page" I meant that it's a website 😉 It looks like there is data on the Hard Drive so maybe it was a connection to the motherboard that's the issue? 

franktheodore@ymail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

DOH!!!

Thanks NeonsNight, that leads me to believe the main board is faulty but I’m not sure which of the two boards is the culprit, top or bottom, but when I connected the drive to my laptop it spins up and you can hear it but when powering on the media centre I can’t hear the drive spin which tells me it’s not getting power. I’ve got my uncle looking at it to see if he can find anything. Thanks again!

NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

DOH!!!

Thanks NeonsNight, that leads me to believe the main board is faulty but I’m not sure which of the two boards is the culprit, top or bottom, but when I connected the drive to my laptop it spins up and you can hear it but when powering on the media centre I can’t hear the drive spin which tells me it’s not getting power. I’ve got my uncle looking at it to see if he can find anything. Thanks again!

Sorry to say I don't know either. I'm glad you know someone who might be able to help you with your hardware.

You could always try and power the hard drive independently and have the PATA lead connect to your AV38 to see if the power is the issue. It's not a permanent solution, but at least you will have a better idea about what is wrong.