Jhicks2729
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Bose Lifestyle Remote w/Spectrum Cable Box

Once again I'm experiencing trouble with using the Bose Lifestyle remote w/my Spectrum cable box.  I used to be able to bring up the side menu (to get to DVR listings) by using the left arrow key (back button), but that has now stopped working and just brings up 'Info'.  I know some have gotten the yellow button to do the same thing (bring up side menu) but that just brings up 'SAP On or Off.'  There is no way I can currently get to my saved DVR listings with my Bose remote.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Cable Box (only listed as Spectrum on the case).  I used Model Name/Number as Explorer 2100 (which is what worked in the past).  No change to functionality. 

Help . . . 

Bose product name

Lifestyle 600

Country

US

Firmware Version

Up to date

App Version

Up to date

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Spectrum Cable

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? Quiet family room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Yes, it worked for quite some time (after initial issues)

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Removed/reinstalled Spectrum Cable box

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Lifestyle Remote w/Spectrum Cable Box

Hey Jhicks2729, 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues and will be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend removing the batteries from the remote control and resetting the cable box. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jhicks2729
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Thanks for reply and recommendation. That was one of the first thing I tried a while ago. Did not fix the issue.  

Vicky_W

@Jhicks2729, thanks for trying this for us. Let's see what else we can do. Check out the steps here and let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Jhicks2729
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Still no luck after trying everything. I’m wondering if my choice for the cable box is correct. I used ‘Spectrum Explorer 2100’ in the past and since (and it worked for a bit allowing me to get to DVR listings).  No idea where the ‘Explorer’ comes from - but it was an early recommendation on this site. The only thing it says on the box is ‘Spectrum201.’ Is there another option I should choose when ‘reinstalling’ the cable box?  I’m out of other ideas.  Thanks, Jeff

Jeff_G

Hi Jhicks2729, 

Is there a model number associated with the Cable box? 

In addition, what firmware version is your console running? 

Thanks.

Jhicks2729
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Fixed it.  When removing and then reinstalling the Spectrum cable box, there was a choice for Spectrum 201T (which was not available earlier).  That worked - pressing DVR on Bose remote now shows the DVR listings.   Thx.