alindumitru
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Bose Lifestyle V20 - PS 28 III not working

Hello, 

I have one Lifestyle V20  and i need your advice because recently my subwoofer PS28 iii main board was totally compromised (burned)

looking to buy other suboowfer PS28 iii, i found the model PS48 iii, and i like it because it is more powerful.

please can you tell me if it will work on my Lifestyle V20 and if it has a more powerful sound?

Thank you in advance!!

Alin.

3 REPLIES 3
anthony514
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Re: Bose Lifestyle V20 - PS 28 III not working

I too am the proud owner of the Bose V20 PS 28 III

my subwoofer's power supply needed to be replaced as the green light on the sub stopped coming on

I looked around eBay but you never know what your going to get, maybe we just buying someone's problem.  I contacted BOSE and they told me for I think 189us dollars they will fix my sub no matter what is wrong with it, and they pay shipping both ways, so find a good box to send it, if you still have your Bose box I tell you now they will not return your box. so is best to go to U-Haul they have a box that fits for like under 6.00$Cdn PLUS add on one year warranty, WOW... BOSE 

Now my subwoofer has been retuned , the power light does turn on, wooooowhooo  happy dance

But the power light is flashing amber, **bleep**

so I am here to ask what this flashing amber light means, why is is flashing.

som bo bo at bose told me iOh it needs a firmware update,  LOL

I  asked with a smile, well how am I going to do that,  this model of bose has no wifi, bluetooth, or ever a USB port and there is no way to hardwire it to my router, so how am I going to update my bose, sorry I kinda laughed at his suggestion.

Hector_B

Hey Anthony514, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out! Sorry to hear that your Bass Module is flashing amber. 

Can you please let us know which one of these patterns the LED seems to be showing? To update the system you will need to follow the steps listed here. If you don't have the update disc for your system please do reach out to your regional support team via this link here to obtain this.

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
anthony514
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

I sent in my system to Bose with the because there was no power

Bose replaced the power supply then shipped it back to me.

I was dancing with joy to have my system back

I connected everyting up

Oh NOOOOooooo  I was met with Counterblink error

I re-sent it back

I have my system back and Normal operation. The system is on and is processing digital information

Now I am having sound issues.  I have order brand new Bose Speaker Wires.

Lets hope this is the solution

I really REALLY love my BOSE

Note: is a shame the repair people do not verified the system to make all repair and return

a 100% working system.  That I had to send them my unit twice.