Rob T
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Bose Lifestyle v30 won't connect tv sound to speakers

I have inherited a Bose Lifestyle V 30 system with SA-2 and SA-3  stereo amplifiers.  

The speakers will play the AM and FM radio just fine.

The speakers will not play the TV (with Roku attachment).  

I have a LG Smart TV.   

When I use the device connection tab in the setting on the tv to change the audio to the HDMI1 (ARC) to run the audio through the Bose, there is no sound (none from the internal tv speakers nor the Bose speakers.

Not sure where to go next.  Any ideas?

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Lifestyle v30 won't connect tv sound to speakers

Hello Rob T, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

The Lifestyle V30 does not feature ARC compatibility. I would recommend using optical as the best connection method for this setup. Insert this into the TV optical input on the AUDIO IN section of the connection panel. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Rob T
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Thanks Jeff.  Glad it's an easy fix.  Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly:  I can't/shouldn't use the HDMI cord and connection?

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

You would still use the HDMI for video (anything plugged into the Lifestyle will pass the video to the TV through this, while the sound stays with the LIfestyle), but you will also need the optical to "return" the audio from the TV.  So anything plugges into the TV (including free-to-air) requires the optical to get sound back to the Lifestyle.