Subash
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Re: Bose Music app unable to find Soundbar 700

I have the same problem. My remote is new and not yet paired. Hence I am unable to do a reset. The app does not connect to the Soundbar and it says “oops something went wrong. We had trouble establishing an initial connection with your product”. I have tried with my iPhone and iPad. 
Alexa does not seem to be on, but when my TV is connected it does play the sound. 
Please help.

guitarman9412
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

I had the same problem.  Tried the solutions posed here and they did not work.  I deleted my Soundbar 700 and the re-added it and it worked fine right away.  Hope this helps.  Now I wish Bose Music would add YouTube Music as an option.  Hint Hint. 

Help
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Hello, I hope you can help me. I've tried following this thread and doing everything that has been recommended but I'm still having problems. When I reconnect the Soundbar to the power there is no amber light. A faint white light pulses for a short while but apart from that the light is red. When using the remote it is difficult to see where the reverse button is because it does not light up. Irrespective of what I do, the music app will not see my Soundbar. I've also looked at my phone thinking I'll follow the process of checking the wifi and linking m phone to the Soundbar. No joy - it doesn't appear in the listing of available connections. I'm therefore at a loss as to what to do next. I'm beginning to think maybe there is a fault with the Soundbar? I have tried the routine for resetting the Soundbar but even that doesn't seem to have done anything useful. Please help so I know how to move forward. Maybe I need to initiate a replacement under guarantee?

Charlotte_G

@HELP Hey, sorry that you're unable to connect your Soundbar 700 and discover it in the Bose Music app. To confirm, it's the light bar that is red, not the small LED on the microphone button?

If the LED bar is red, and you have performed the reset by removing the power for 30 seconds, then I would certainly recommend contacting local support to arrange service. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ramirea
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

I have the same problem. I am located in USA. I reset the Soundbar several times and my Bose Music App continues without to see the 700 Soundbar

orphal@verizon.net
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

I was experiencing the same problem yesterday and was doing all suggested fixes and finally it started seeing the Sound Bar. I was able finish the setup and even got Pandora to work with the remote. Today I wanted to try to setup Bose to control my TV Set Top Box and the Bose Music App can't find the Sound Bar 700. 

Did you ever fix your problem? 

Thanks

DaleB
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Same problem here. I have tried every solution recommended on these threads, and the Bose forms. To no avail nothing fixes the issue of the sound bar in and app disconnecting. I am able to reconnect once I unplugged the sound bar and turn it back on. But this is only temporary I’ve had it installed for about two weeks and I probably turn it off and on unplugged and restarted the router 30 times. It’s clearly faulty, nothing else in my house, Has this connectivity issue.

Mhy82754
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

So instead of me having to scroll multiple community threads to find everyone having the same problem, why don't you put this common issue in an easier to find place.  It seems that many of us have repeatedly used the process spelled out in the setup instructions and they do not work. Also, I shouldnt have to MANUALLY update my SOUND BAR to make it work, this isn't a $3000 gaming pc, it is a SOUND BAR.

I was loyal to bose, but with repeated issues with the app and other products that look slick but do actually perform reliably, I will look elsewhere for audio products.  To anyone reading this, sony makes a comparable headset to the quiet comfort, and as far as user friendly soundbars/apps it seems any company is better than bose.

strauss
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

Mine finally worked when I did a hard reset. I had otherwise tried everything.

I also did reset my router just before-hand so that may have had an effect.