MarieS
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Bose Music app unable to find Soundbar 700

I've tried it all. Bose Music app can't find the Soundbar 700. It just won't appear when trying to add the product. Tried two different phones. Switched from HDMI to optical cable. Nothing..

Bluetooth pairing works, so at least I can play Spotify. But it would be nice to be able to use the app, and do the upgrade before connecting to the surround speakers 700 as is demanded in the manual. Would appreciate some help! 

18 REPLIES 18
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Music app unable to find Soundbar 700

Hi MarieS, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with connecting your Soundbar 700. I will do everything that I can to assist you! 

I would recommend resetting your soundbar to re-broadcast your pairing signal. To do this, unplug the system for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Once complete, try adding to the application again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MRN
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

I am having the same problem.  All of your materials and the answer above say the exact same thing - unplug for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  I've done that literally 50 times.  I've restarted my phone.  I've followed every random idea in these posts.  It's not working.  Clearly there is a problem with the product or the app.

Vicky_W

Hello MRN, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

Let's see what we can do to get this sorted for you. A reset was a great place to start. I understand that you have tried some other steps to resolve this issue. It would be great if you could let me know what these steps are as this will ensure that I do not duplicate them. In the meantime, there are a few things I need to confirm: 

• Which region are you in? 
  • What phone do you have and what firmware is it running. 
  • Have you tried the steps here to manually update your soundbar? 
  • Do you see an amber light on the front of the soundbar when trying to pair? 
  • Is this your first time setting up the soundbar or has it been set up previously by someone else? 
  • Where did you purchase the soundbar? 

I look forward to your reply and getting this resolved for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
mrakenosi5
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

I'm having the problem as the above customer. I need assistance. The Remote Control is also not working. No blinking of icons. Unable to switch the On the Bose Soundbar 700.

1. Region : Botswana, Africa

2. Phone : Iphone 11 Pro Max

3. Purchase : Ebay

4. Been Setup before by the previous owner.

5. This is my first time setting up a Bose Soundbar

Charlotte_G

Hello all,

When trying to set up the soundbar in the Bose Music app, is the light bar glowing amber? If not, please put the soundbar into setup mode by holding the TV Icon and Skip Back buttons for five seconds on the remote control. Once this is glowing amber, the soundbar will be discoverable and can be added to the Bose Music app.

@mrakenosi5 Welcome to the Community! As you are unable to use your remote control, could you please try changing the batteries? If the remote then powers on, please follow the steps to reassociate it to the soundbar. >> Reassociate the remote to the soundbar.

Let me know how you get on with these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

H.Musa
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

sorry to say this out of frustration. This should more easier to use. I have the same issue and I have tried to unplugging for 30 second then plug it back, the light would turn amber for few seconds then I try with the Music app, nothing happened, I tried the tv and skip backward button but the device just does not respond. I have tried the Manual update but still unsuccessful when try to visit the link to update the sound bar. The app was connecting to my headphone noise cancellation but never to the sound bar. I agree it could device issue or app. I have tied this for several months. This really should be easier than this. 

Region : Saudi Arabia 

2. Phone : Iphone 11

3. Purchase : Bahrain Bose store. 

4. I set it when new.

The sound bar is added to my touch sound app but not in music app. 

please help. 

Vicky_W

@H.Musa, the Soundbar 700 is unable to connect to the SoundTouch app, this may be why there is an issue. Can you please delete it and try again?

dgcaines
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

I have the same issue and tried your suggestion but it didn't work. 

TCC
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

OK - I had the same issue but got through it by doing this. You cannot be watching TV while doing this, so turn it off now.

1- Connect with the HDMI cable (ARC port)

2-Push and hold the TV icon and the reverse buttons at the same time on your remote for 5 seconds. The soundbar should show an amber color.

3- Go to the WiFi on your phone and connect to the Soundbar 700. 

4- Your phone and soundbar need to be on the same WiFi. Some have 2.4 or 5.0 WiFi choices - make both of them the same.

5- In your Bose app, select the Soundbar 700 and let it take you through the process of connecting. The soundbar may need to be updated. This takes a while, so be patient. You may notice that the app has different features now.

6- Once everything is updated and ready to go, it will pair with the remote and then you can also add your base module.

7- Follow the instructions in the app