Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Bose RC-PWS III universal remote control replacement

Hi everyone,

A little while ago my Solo 5 RC PWS III remote ended up broken and I’m in need of a new one. I’ve been watching the Canadian Bose site to order it but it’s been out of stock for some time. Is there another remote (Bose or otherwise) that I can use in place of that model? I was looking at the Bose Soundbar Universal remote as well but it doesn’t seem as if it would be compatible with my system.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose RC-PWS III universal remote control replacement

Author Accepted Answer selected by sc_15

Hi sc_15,

Thanks for posting and joining the community!

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble getting hold of a replacement remote for your Solo! As the website is showing the remote you need to be out of stock, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to see if they have any available, or information on when they will have them back in stock. You can find the contact information for the Canadian team HERE.

You are correct about the Soundbar Universal remote, it would not work with your system as it is an RF remote, whereas the Solo 5 needs an IR remote to control it. You may be able to find a 3rd party universal remote that is able to control the Solo, but I would recommend checking with the manufacturer for compatibility before purchasing one.

If any of the community have any suggestions for universal remotes that you are fans of and have used with our Solo soundbars, it would be great to hear from you! Let us know what your experience has been!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose RC-PWS III universal remote control replacement

Author Accepted Answer selected by sc_15

Hi sc_15,

Thanks for posting and joining the community!

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble getting hold of a replacement remote for your Solo! As the website is showing the remote you need to be out of stock, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to see if they have any available, or information on when they will have them back in stock. You can find the contact information for the Canadian team HERE.

You are correct about the Soundbar Universal remote, it would not work with your system as it is an RF remote, whereas the Solo 5 needs an IR remote to control it. You may be able to find a 3rd party universal remote that is able to control the Solo, but I would recommend checking with the manufacturer for compatibility before purchasing one.

If any of the community have any suggestions for universal remotes that you are fans of and have used with our Solo soundbars, it would be great to hear from you! Let us know what your experience has been!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post