vanphyl
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Bose RC35T compatible with Lifestyle T20?

Happy with my old lifestyle T20 - but, running into minor inconveniences when switching inputs on it, whilst connected to a smart tv (Samsung Q900). 

The remote control mentioned above has a display, which would be extremely helpful in solving this issue. I can't imagine it wouldn't be down compatible to my lifestyle product, as remotes can literally be programmed to control everything - just wanted to get it confirmed through anyone here.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose RC35T compatible with Lifestyle T20?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

@vanphyl wrote:

Happy with my old lifestyle T20 - but, running into minor inconveniences when switching inputs on it, whilst connected to a smart tv (Samsung Q900). 

The remote control mentioned above has a display, which would be extremely helpful in solving this issue. I can't imagine it wouldn't be down compatible to my lifestyle product, as remotes can literally be programmed to control everything - just wanted to get it confirmed through anyone here.

I have never had an AV20 receiver to test this, though my guess (and I will emphasise it's a guess) is that this will work. Though I would also love to know for sure. If you have a choice I would recommend the RC-X35L, as shown here if you can get it...

I did make a guide to help people use 4K devices with AV20 receivers and keep the best sound quality possible. I mention this because in that guide I recommend people to use a universal remote to replace the existing Bose one. I link to the one I've used with an AV35 receiver, the receiver that the RC35T goes with. This might also help you in your setup.

I hope that this reply helps you in some way. Please let us know what you find out and what you end up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

@vanphyl wrote:

I have never had an AV20 receiver to test this, though my guess (and I will emphasise it's a guess) is that this will work. Though I would also love to know for sure. If you have a choice I would recommend the RC-X35L, as shown here if you can get it...

I did make a guide to help people use 4K devices with AV20 receivers and keep the best sound quality possible. I mention this because in that guide I recommend people to use a universal remote to replace the existing Bose one. I link to the one I've used with an AV35 receiver, the receiver that the RC35T goes with. This might also help you in your setup.

I hope that this reply helps you in some way. Please let us know what you find out and what you end up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

vanphyl
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Brilliant, thank you so much, that guide was quite helpful indeed and gave me a great overview.

(I currently send my audio signal via optical back to the Bose system, as suggested. Suoptimal but okay. It does explain my need for that remote though... While some older game consoles have both video and audio going to my Bose T20, all new devices go to the TV. Merely my Bluray-Player has two HDMI outputs and splits the signal into to HDMI cables: one for video (to TV), one for audio (to T20).)

I have won my bid on ebay and will hopefully get it soon and feedback right away. I really to hope it works.

Cheers!

In regards to a universal remote: I am using the samsung universal remote - which now that I have it, I really wouldn't want to miss. I would be highly surprised if there would be a way to control the Bose T20 system with it? 

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@vanphyl wrote:

Brilliant, thank you so much, that guide was quite helpful indeed and gave me a great overview.

Glad I included it then 🙂

@vanphyl wrote:

I currently send my audio signal via optical back to the Bose system, as suggested. Suoptimal but okay. It does explain my need for that remote though... While some older game consoles have both video and audio going to my Bose T20, all new devices go to the TV. Merely my Bluray-Player has two HDMI outputs and splits the signal into to HDMI cables: one for video (to TV), one for audio (to T20).

Well if your TV can pass through standard 5.1 through the TV, that would work out great. The way you connected your Blu-ray player is exactly correct. assuming it's a 4K TV & Blu-ray player that is. If it isn't you should connect what you can to the T20.

@vanphyl wrote:

I have won my bid on ebay and will hopefully get it soon and feedback right away. I really to hope it works.

Thanks, I have always wondered this and figured it would, but it will be good to have someone test it.

Don't forget that your old AV20 remote won't work after you pair the new AV35 remote. Bose has a guide and a video designed to help you through how to do this.

@vanphyl wrote:

In regards to a universal remote: I am using the samsung universal remote - which now that I have it, I really wouldn't want to miss. I would be highly surprised if there would be a way to control the Bose T20 system with it? 

The universal remote I recommended can control the AV20/AV35 via its infer-red inputs for universal remote controls. So if your Samsung remote has the IR codes to control a Bose T20 or maybe a V35 then yes you should be fine. If not, I would call up Samsung to see if they can help or not. 

There is another solution and that is to use an app as a universal remote with a special home network controller plugged into the AV20. Though I would still recommend the other universal remote I linked to in my guide if I had a choice.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
vanphyl
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

I can confirm: Bose RC35T is indeed compatible with Lifestyle T20!

Very happy!

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@vanphyl wrote:

I can confirm: Bose RC35T is indeed compatible with Lifestyle T20!

Very happy!

Thanks for confirming that this works 😃

Just encase there are any questions from others in the future. Do you have volume and source info shown on the LCD screen?

vanphyl
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Yes to both.