Highlighted
eel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Bose SOLO 5 Sound Bar constantly beeps when playing music with Bluetooth

I love the sound from my Bose Solo 5 Soundbar.  However when I use it as a bluetooth speaker, every few minutes I get hear a beep like bluetooth is reconnecting.  I have tried everything to get rid of this but to no avail.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  I am ready to stop using this fro bluetooth. I mostly connect this to my Echo Dot smart speaker but I have the same problem when connected to my iPhone.

Another issue I have only when connected to my iPhone is constant sound stuttering.  I only have this with my iPhone and have again tried many fixes through iPhone to make this work.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose SOLO 5 Sound Bar constantly beeps when playing music with Bluetooth

Hi Eel, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Solo 5 System. I'll do all I can to help you! 

Can you tell me which troubleshooting steps you have already tried? This should stop us from going round in circles! 

In the meantime, I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on your Solo 5 system and then deleting the pairing list on your source device and creating a brand new pairing. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

eel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Re: Bose SOLO 5 Sound Bar constantly beeps when playing music with Bluetooth

I think I may have figured out the problem.  Apparently my iPhone is trying to connect to the speaker while the Echo Dot is playing through it.  By disconnecting the iPhone from the speaker, the beeping stopped.

Still not sure about the stuttering I get when playing music through my iPhone. It may be the opposite problem - perhaps the Echo Dot is trying to connect which interferes with the iPhone connection?  I will check on that and report back.