Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Bose SR 1 Locks Up After Update

Hello Bose Community. Longtime Bose Fanatic here. First Time message board poster.  Followed the instructions to update my Bose Cinemate 1 SR Home Theater system. Downloaded the data from my subwoofer module to a USB drive as directed. Downloaded the update software to my laptop and ran it as described. Was not amused to be told by the update software that my system has the latest update. Now What???? My System is locked on. Does not respond to remote. Resets temporarily when unplugged and replugged. Then locks up again.  This $1500 system is a paper weight!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose SR 1 Locks Up After Update

Hey KevinD, 

Welcome to the forums! 

I would love to help. Can I please ask what you mean by locked on? Also, are you getting any audio from the system at all or are any LED's glowing?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

The system white light is on the soundbar. The remote is unable to engage either volume or on and off.  I have unplugged and replugged. Works for a brief period of time the locks up again.  I have downloaded the "update" software and was told by the update that my system has the latest update.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this information, Kevin. 

It's great that you checked the software update! May I ask if your remote is programmed to control any other devices? If so, is it still able to do this? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!