Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar - Low Sound

Hi, 

I saw another post where I have the same issue. If I use the Bluetooth playout I can really max out the volume but when connected to my TV via the Optical cable, this is not the same and the sound is much lower. I have tried the TV Settings (Samsung QE55Q60R 2019) and also plugged in via my Sky Q box but this is the same. 

When we in John Lewis to view soundbars, the consultant showed is the soundbar and how loud it could go which is why im confused. 

Any information would be great as I will return soon if this is not resolved. 

Thanks

JH92

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar - Low Sound

Hello JackHarry92,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the volume of your Solo 5 TV system.

Although you have looked into the TV settings, could you please confirm that the volume on your TV is turned up? Let me know if changing the internal speaker volume makes a difference to the volume of the soundbar. 

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Hi Charlotte, 

Thanks for the reply. 

The TV volume is up and I have since found the issue to be between regular TV and when using the Sky Q box. 

When using volume on regular terrestrial TV the volume becomes very lound and has more noticeable differences in volume when changing it. However this isn't the case with the Sky Q box, the volume does go up but its hard to notice until you jump quite far in number settings. This also does not reach the same maximum volume as the terrestrial TV page. I dont need the max volume but would like to resolve this difference as it should be louder than we're experiencing. 

Thanks

Jack

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @JackHarry92 and thanks for getting back to us!

At this point, there are a few things that I would like to confirm here to ensure that you receive the best volume from your product!

1) This system can be connected via Bluetooth. As you have noted that the volume differs between sources (and is noticeably lower with the SkyQ box), can I ask that you test the Bluetooth connection and ensure that the volume levels work as intended here? If not, please let me know! If these do work at a better volume, we know that this is isolated to the cable connection(s).

2) Can you perform a reset of the SkyQ box? This would be done by pressing "Standby" on your Sky Q remote, then switch off/unplug this at the mains. Then, when there are no lights on the front panel of your Sky Q box and all cables are securely connected, plug in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains. You may need to wait up to 5 minutes for the on-screen instructions to disappear then press "Home" on your Sky Q remote. Once reset, please test the audio again.

3) If possible, please replace the cable(s) that are connecting your SkyQ box to your TV for new cables and test this again. 

Please return to me to let me know how this goes!

Liam W

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Had same problem, resolved by turning up volume on the Bose Remote.
Have Solo 5 connected to SmartTV (Vizio) via optical with no TV Speakers on (normal for connecting a sound bar).  Gaming Laptop connected via HDMI to TV.  Just had to hold the Bose remote and turn up the volume, then readjust on PC to lower back to normal.

Remaining problem: The Bose Solo 5 does not let you turn on via a smartphone app / other, not even manually (no on/off button/other switches).

But I do like the sound quality as I am using for my bedroom TV which doubles as my (50") work screen.  Perfect for this size room.

Highlighted

Hey tuacatom, 

Glad you solved your first issue! Thanks for sharing. 

In terms of turning the system off, is the remote not working? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Insufficient volume

Insufficient volume Bose solo 5 on the optical Connection. Bluetooth volume is fine.