dennylab
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar.  We have Bose CineMate GS Series II for both our living room and bedroom, and we are very satisfied with the sound quality.  Actually, we love it!  We have tried other Bose home theater products, but have not been impressed when compared against the CineMate GS Series II.  I know that the CineMate GS II is an older system, so I would love to get your feedback on the Bose Solo 5 or your current Bose home theater system.  Thank you.  I appreciate it.

kind regards, Denny

Denny
5 REPLIES 5
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar

Hi Denny, 

Welcome to the community! I'd be happy to give my personal comparison of these two systems. The Cinemate GS II has really powerful low end (due to its Acoustimass module) and was engineered to have a wide radius of dispersion. The Cinemate GS II was even more interesting in that you could reposition the two speakers as you needed to adjust the sweet spot to your listening area. The Solo 5 has updated drivers for the speaker array, an updated remote control, and even an additional digital coax type connection in addition to the optical and analog connections. Also, the Solo 5 supports Bluetooth so you can pair a device to the soundbar to play audio wirelessly. The solo 5 does have great dispersion, but it's not adjustable like the Cinemate since the drivers contained in a fixed soundbar. The Solo 5 does have less bass, due to a lack of the Acoustimass module but still sounds great. If you have any other questions about these, let us know! 

Thank you! 

dennylab
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Thank you Brent,

I appreciate your feedback.  

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Kind regards, Denny

Denny
SKL
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

I have a Cinemate Series II now and love the sound. I need a dialogue enhancer so I am looking at the Solo 5. Is it possible to use both speakers together?

Vicky_W

Hey SKL, 

I am sorry but it is not possible to use both of the systems at the same time. You are able to swap them over though and use one at a time. 

I hope this helps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
PacoVera
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Yo tengo un sistema Cinemate GSII y una barra Solo 5. Las uso de forma simultánea mediante un cable de audio optico doble y un transformador DAC. Se complementan perfectamente. Los dialogos mejoran muchisimo con la barra, y los bajos son espectaculares con el sistema cinemate GSII.