cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rkwasi
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose Solo 5 Universal Remote and Roku Premiere Plus - Can't program it into the remote...

Been trying to program my Roku Premiere Plus device into the universal remote that came with the Bose Solo 5.

Got my Samsung TV to program into it just fine, the Roku not so much...

I use the code 2457 and when I do I usually get all 6 buttons to "blink" which as I understand it says there are no additional codes to cycle thru and the code isn't going to work??

I did get it to behave once or twice for brief moments, but then it seems to have lost itself and again nothing.

I press "AUX" wait for all 6 to blink and the AUX stays on, enter 2457, try the "Source Button" to turn it on or off, or try to get any of the options or other channels to cyle thru, and then "Exit" to make it permanent, but most everytime nothing.

Another code to try?

Something I'm doing wrong?

Sorta frustrating...

THANKS

4 REPLIES 4
joe68stpete
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Re: Bose Solo 5 Universal Remote and Roku Premiere Plus - Can't program it into the remote...

exact same thing here. also waiting for response

Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose Solo 5 Universal Remote and Roku Premiere Plus - Can't program it into the remote...

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the community! I'll be happy to help you get your remotes up and running to control your Roku devices. 

You are both using the correct code for the Roku devices, so not to worry you are on the right track.

@ Rkwasi, from how you are describing this, it does sound like you are skipping a step in the setup process for the remote. After entering the code for the first time, you are supposed to press the Vol + button before trying to control the Roku device. So what you will want to do is as follows.

1. On your remote, press and hold the source button of the device you want to control (i.e. TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow.
  2. Release the button so only the button you held glows.
  3. Enter the code for the device brand, then press the Vol + button. (Tip: If all six source buttons blink three times, an invalid code was entered)
  4. Check if the remote controls the device.
  5. If the code works, press EXIT to save your settings.
  6. If the code does not work, press VOL + to select the next code for the brand, then repeat steps 3-5.

When testing to make sure the remote controls the Roku device, make sure you do have a direct line of sight from the remote to the front of your Roku, so it can send a signal to the Roku's IR receiver.

@joe68stpete, is this the process you have been following while programming the remote as well? If not then definitely try it by following these steps.

Also have you both been using the AUX button when trying to program the remote to control your devices? I know there is also a Roku option under the Game button as well, can you try the same code with that source button selected and see if you get any response then?

Let me know how you both get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
xavpil
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

Trying to control my roku Premiere with my Solo 5 remote.

Only code I found was 2471.

Not working

Thx all!!

Dasander
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2021

I have tried these steps for my Roku Ultra but can't get it to work.. Any other ideas?