Highlighted
tmwebb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Bose Solo 5 Will Not Enter Auto-wake mode

Bose Solo 5 'Auto-wake' has functioned perfectly until a couple of days ago.  When I power on the TV, the green status light on the Solo 5 is on but no audio.  I have to mess with the 'sources' to get audio.

I unhooked the power connection for several minutes, powered up the TV and Solo 5, but no change.

I tried to re-establish the 'Auto-wake', but when I hold the remote's power button down for 5 seconds, I alternately get two descending tones, a brief flashing red light, which turns back to green or two ascending tones, a brief flashing amber light, which turns back to green.

According to the manual, a red status light commands a call to Bose customer service.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Solo 5 Will Not Enter Auto-wake mode

Hello tmwebb,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some audio issues with Auto-wake on your Solo 5.

The two LED patterns that you have described when holding the power button for 5 seconds are correct for enabling and disabling Auto-wake. The amber flash indicates when Auto-wake has been turned on. 

I'd like to start by recommending that you check for any firmware updates. This can be done by following the steps to complete here Updating Solo 5 TV Sound system.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

tmwebb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Is there any way to determine what version software is currently installed in my Solo 5 unit?

tmwebb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

....and by the way, the speaker is working as advertised now.

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Welcome to the forum, and glad you were able to get this issue fixed.  Enjoy your Bose speaker and God bless you!

Hello Tmwebb, 

Thanks for getting back to us, we are glad to hear that this has been resolved. 

In regards to the software version of your Solo 5 there is currently only the 1 Firmware available which is 1.2.8 (1.2.8.458—Japan only)

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M