Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Bose Solo 5 sound intermittently cutting out.

I have had my Bose Solo 5 for just over a month and now the sound is intermittently cutting out. I am connected via bluetooth.

Please advise as what I can do to remedy. 

Thanks, 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Bose Solo 5 sound intermittently cutting out.

Hi DaveBonnie1,

Thanks for messaging the community, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this connectivity issue with your Solo 5. 

Can you please inform us on what your are connecting to your Soundbar Via Bluetooth?

I would firstly suggest in resetting your Soundbar. Instruction on how to do this, can be found below. 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

I have been having the same problem.  The reset by unplugging does nothing.  It is obvious there must be problem.  Please fix.  I like the speaker but the cutting out problem seems to be getting worse.

Highlighted

Hello Hopespapa, 

Welcome to the Community! 

Are you connecting to the soundbar via Bluetooth and getting intermittent audio, or is this when connected to the TV? 

If it is via Bluetooth, can I please ask what device you are connecting to the soundbar? I would suggest we try a second device and see if the issue persists. It would also be great to know what audio source you are using when this happens, have you noticed any patterns? 

Let's try and get this resolved together! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Connecting directly to the tv via optical cable.  

Highlighted

Hi Hopespapa, 

Thanks for confirming. Have you tried testing the soundbar with another TV and another optical cable? 

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

I don’t have another tv.  Don’t have a different optical cable.  Seems like a lot of people have this same problem.

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Replacement optical cables can generally be picked up from most stores. If the issue persists and you cannot test with another television, please reach out to local support to discuss service. 

Thanks,