Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Bose Solo 5 w/ Roku Premiere

Hi there - today I purchased a Bose Solo 5 Soundbar.  My TV is a LG 47LD450.  I use a digital antenna on my TV for local channels as I do not have cable.  When I use the digital antenna, I am able to get sound through the Bose speaker.  When I play music from my phone, I am able to hear it on the Bose speaker if I have Bluetooth turned on.

When I try to watch a movie from Netflix using my Roku Premiere, I am not getting ANY sound out of the speakers.  I have tried adjusting everything possible on both my LG TV as well as in the settings menu of my Roku.  This has been so frustrating.  Is there someone from Bose who can assist me?  Thank you very much.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Solo 5 w/ Roku Premiere

Hi Peter1900, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your Roku and your Solo 5. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

Can you tell me if your Roku is an application on your TV or you have a stick? 

I Look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Re: Bose Solo 5 w/ Roku Premiere

i need help with this as well. sorry to hijack this post but i see OP never responded. I have a vizio tv with roku premier device attached to it. i cannot get it programmed to my solo 5 remote 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System

Hooked up to Sony TV via optical cable.  Works fine, TV is hooked up to an HDTV antenna.  But attempting to watch something via Roku or BlueRay player, both connected to TV via HDMI cables, no sound is heard.  Any suggestions?