Bose Solo TV 15 Series II Bluetooth Issue

Wistful Whiz

Bose Solo TV 15 Series II Bluetooth Issue

On a couple of occasions I have turned on my Solo 15 and was presented with a flashing blue light suggesting the speaker was in BlueTooth pairing mode. This has only happened a couple times in the last year. Turning off the speaker (soft boot) or holding the BlueTooth button for 10 secs (clearing BlueTooth list) did not clear the flashing light. Each occasion the only thing that worked was unplugging the speaker for a minute or two then replugging. 

This brings to mind a couple questions:

How does one get the Solo 15 out of paring mode?

Why does the speaker trip into pairing mode occasionally?

2 REPLIES

Re: Bose Solo TV 15 Series II Bluetooth Issue

Hello rickatk,

I am unsure why the system would go into pairing mode on power up. There are two ways this may be resolved. The Bluetooth discoverable mode times out after five minutes, so if it isn't a large concern you could simply allow the Solo 15 to time out. The other is that you may be running an older firmware version. Have you ever updated your Solo 15? Should you need them, instructions can be found here.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Re: Bose Solo TV 15 Series II Bluetooth Issue

@Greg_B wrote:

Hello rickatk,

I am unsure why the system would go into pairing mode on power up. There are two ways this may be resolved. The Bluetooth discoverable mode times out after five minutes, so if it isn't a large concern you could simply allow the Solo 15 to time out. The other is that you may be running an older firmware version. Have you ever updated your Solo 15? Should you need them, instructions can be found here.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Hi Greg:

On reflection, the sudden BlueTooth appearance may have been from resting something on the Bose remote. That’s all I can think off. I didn’t realize the pairing will time out, indeed that solves that issue.

Looking around I noticed that I might need to update my speaker as you suggested  and I will be sure to do.