Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Bose Solo5 can dialog mode be set as default?

Soundbar drops out of dialog mode whenever I change channels or fast forward through comercials. Can I set dialog mode to the default value in the soundbad settings so I don't have to constantly toggle to get it?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bose Solo5 can dialog mode be set as default?

Hi genek405, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This isn't something that is currently possible with the Solo 5 system, however I would love to raise this as a future feature request for you. 

If any other community members would also like to see this added please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

Thanks for the quick response Hextor.  I hope you do add it as a change request.

How do I know when to update the software on the Solo?

Gene

Hello genek405, 

Stay tuned to the Bose Community for any update announcements.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

I have the same issue. Randomly dropping out of dialog mode is a product defect that needs to be fixed. This includes when power is cycled. If this can be fixed by a software update then I won't need to return it for a refund.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

I also have the same problem. I find this incredibly annoying and something that totally spoiles my user experience with the Solo 5. It's such a shame as this soundbar is truly exceptional in every other way.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

I also would like to have the dialogue mode set to default as that’s the sound I always use.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Hector: I would like to see the ability to make dialog mode the default setting for future versions of the Solo 5 available as well.  Thank you!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

I am also looking for a resolution to this issue.  When we are watching Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Plus, etc - the MOMENT a commercial interrupts us on Hulu - Dialogue mode is gone.  FF or rewind?  Dialogue mode gone.  It makes this incredible feature nearly useless and it is obnoxious and unnecessary (after spending money on a Bose experience) to have to keep the remote practically in our hand at all times to reengage the Dialogue mode, which is the premier reason we purchased this equipment.  It seems we have no choice but to give up and return our purchase, if there is indeed no sense of urgency from Bose to resolve this problem.  My question to Bose, what’s the status on this issue?