normlocks@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

Bose Solo5 universal remote problem

My remote will not program to operate my Arris DCX3600M DVR-HD cable box. Can not find a code that works for the remote. It operates my LG tv ok, but no code available for the cable box. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Solo5 universal remote problem

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I would love to see if I am able to assist you today. Can I please start by confirming if you have tried this code here: 4776. I ask as this is the code we have for the Arris TV boxes. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
conrazon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

I also cannot connect Solo5 to Arris cable dvr box, I tried using the code 4776 and it does not connect.

Any other codes or ideas?

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi conrazon,

That is the correct code for Arris cable boxes on the Solo 5 remote. Can you confirm you have been following THESE instructions when you are programming the remote?

The important part of the process, that some people do miss is step 8 of the guide. "If your source does not respond to basic functions, press + on the volume button to select another code and test again for basic functionality. Repeat steps 5 - 7 until you find a code that works". 

This is important as each manufacturer's code has a few sub-codes for it. By pressing the Vol +  button on the remote, it cycles to the next sub-code for your cable box. You may have to go through a few sub-codes to find the right one for your device.

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
conrazon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Normlocks,

I had the same problem. The instructions say 4776; which does not work. So I started using code 

4700. I cannot say which code worked but somewhere between 4700-4715 the box was accepted by the bose 4 remote.

Try it if you haven't solved the problem yet.

Good luck

Conrazon