Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

I want to purchase one of these sound bars, but some of the reviews that I have read, state that it does not work well with a Samsung TV...I have a Samsung TV.  CVan anybody provide any info on this????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by diver45

Accepted Solutions
Noisy Narrator

Re: Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

There are some threads here on this forum regarding that.  Just do a search.  I know some people have had problems but maybe they have been resolved.  IDK.  I love my Soundtouch 300 with sub and rear surround speakers.  I've never had a single issue, but I have an LG TV.  I certainly would recommend the Soundtouch 300 over the Soundbar 500 or 700.

12 REPLIES 12
Noisy Narrator

There are some threads here on this forum regarding that.  Just do a search.  I know some people have had problems but maybe they have been resolved.  IDK.  I love my Soundtouch 300 with sub and rear surround speakers.  I've never had a single issue, but I have an LG TV.  I certainly would recommend the Soundtouch 300 over the Soundbar 500 or 700.

Audible Advocate

I did just purchase the sound bar.....didn't have the cash to get the sub woofer, will I be happy with the sound bar???  

also, do I need to to use the head phones to really set my bar the way I want it??

Noisy Narrator

The soundbar by itself is certainly much better than your TV speakers.  For full enjoyment watching action movies, you need the rear surrounds and subwoofer.

Yes, you must use the headset for the system to adjust the relative volume of the speakers.

Audible Advocate

do I need to down load the app to help me with the ST 300 sound bar???

Hello diver45,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Bose Community. 

The SoundTouch application will give you full functionality to utilize all of the features available with the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. It is not essential to use the application to complete a general setup of the soundbar, however, you will not gain access to the Wi-Fi features of the Soundbar to stream audio. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Noisy Narrator

@diver45 wrote:

do I need to down load the app to help me with the ST 300 sound bar???

Yes.

Audible Advocate

"The soundbar by itself is certainly much better than your TV speakers.  For full enjoyment watching action movies, you need the rear surrounds and subwoofer."    jimgfitz

This is perfectly said and should be places at the top of the Home Theater discussion board as I am sure its a question that is asked often.   Well said Jim....

Audible Advocate

is it on the Bose web site??

Audible Advocate

Thanks for the help.