UK1
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Bose Soundar 700 & Additional Speakers

Is it possible to connect additional Bose wireless speakers to the Soundar 700 and not have a delay in the sound from the wireless speakers? I want to have the full TV sound in an open Kitchen, without having to turn up the sound so loud on the soundbar in the Great Room.  A sales rep told me that the wireless connection in the secondary speakers could cause up to a one second delay.

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose Soundar 700 & Additional Speakers

Hey, thanks for posting! 

So there are a number of ways that you could expand your system to enhance the performance around the room. If you have other Bose Smart Speakers, you can group them to play audio across them all. We also have a technology called SimpleSync which allows you to connect and group our compatible Bluetooth products. Lastly, you can add the dedicated surround speakers to the soundbar for a full surround experience. As you're listening to TV audio, I would actually recommend the latter. Here are the accessories that you can add:

Surround Speakers

Surround Speakers 700

Bass Module 500

Bass Module 700

If you wish to use the other two methods, there is an AV Group Sync setting with two sync modes:

• Sync With TV - syncs the sound from your system to the picture shown on the connected TV
  • Sync With Group - syncs the sound from your system to the sound playing from all other grouped speakers.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
UK1
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Thank you for the response.  I want the extra speakers to have the same sound output as the soundbar (not just the surround sounds).  The Bose representative in the store gave me a demo of the Bose Home Speaker 300 synched with the Soundbar 700 via wifi.  There was a delay of at least one second in the sound between the two speakers.  Can you please clarify if it's possible to eliminate the delay in sound between the two devices.

Tegan_M

It will not be possible to cancel this delay between the devices, this is because there is a processing time of the speakers being connected to one another. This delay is not evident when listening to music, however, once video is included the audio to video delay does become evident. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!