Briannadawnk
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Bose Soundbar 500 - Nothing but issues

I have had this sound bar for less than 6 months. On initial set up, it worked perfectly. However, once we moved the sound bar upstairs the remote stopped working. Checked batteries, it was responding as the light on the Bose would flash, but the remote didn’t do anything. After about 2 weeks I finally got the remote to work but now it seems slow and glitchy, it also no longer turns on the Bose and our Samsung TV at the same time. 

Now all of a sudden the sound will just completely cut out. Happens 4-5 times during a movie, we have to factory reset the Bose each time which is a HUGE pain due to the Alexa devices we have connected to it. We have checked the HDMI cable as well as adjusted the HDMI-CEC settings. Nothing seems to fix it. 

Last thing, is the Bose app no longer works on both mine and my husbands phone. So after we’ve had to reset the Bose, it says we have control the sound adjustments through the app. We used to have treble, mid and bass and now we only have adaptive IQ. 

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 - Nothing but issues

Hello Briannadawnk, 

This does sound like a pain, I am sorry that this has happened. There are a few pages on our website that I would like to work through with you to get this resolved. Let's begin: 

1. Bose app does not detect product. This will address the issues you are having with the Bose Music app. 

2. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi network. This is a backup page incase the app still cannot find the speaker. 

3. Updating the software or firmware of your product. This should help with any connection and sound dropping issues. 

4. Intermittent audio from the product. This will help with the cutting out of the soundbar. 

Of course, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I would love to hear how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!