Febbers
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Bose Soundbar 500 Roku Audio Issues

I have a brand new LG 55 inch connected to soundbar via HDMI arc. I also have my roku premiere connected to the TV via hdmi. I am experiencing random audio cuts for 1 to 3 seconds. Any tips to solve this issue? It is a slight 1 to 2 second outage that I have been trying to fix for a week now.
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 Roku Audio Issues

Hi there @Febbers , and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had setting up the Soundbar 500, and would love the opportunity to help get this running smoothly for you!

In order to do so, can I ask that you try the following, and get back to me to let me know how these go?

1) If you connect the Soundbar to the TV via the optical cable, leaving the Roku Premiere connected via HDMI, are you still experiencing the same audio cuts?

2) Has this already been setup on the Bose Music app? If it hasn't, please do. If this has, please re-open this and check to see if there are any updates available for the Soundbar, and perform them!

3) I would also ask that you have a look at the audio adjustments in the Bose Music app. If you adjust the centre channel level, bass or treble levels, does this have any impact on the audio quality that you hear?

4) If you were unable to use the optical cable, or if there are not audio issues with the optical cable, are you able to swap the HDMI connecting the Soundbar to the TV with a replacement, and confirm if you are still experiencing this?

Please get back to me when it's convenient to do so!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Febbers
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Thanks for your response Liam I really appreciate it. I am sitll having the same issues though even after trying all the steps. Any idea what it is?
Highlighted

Hey Febbers,

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you please confirm the following to allow us to investigate further? 

- TV Make/Model

- Connection method

- Confirm if you are getting the issue with other sources

- Sources you are trying to watch

- Confirm if you have tried to factory reset the Soundbar and tried to set it up again as new?

Finally, if you haven't already, please try to re-install the latest firmware via a tethered USB connection. Instructions for this can be found here. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards, 

Jeff

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Febbers
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Hey Jeff thanks for the info. when I try to manually update I go to click the update link where I can open the zip file and the link does not load at all is there another way where I can update
Highlighted

Hi Febbers, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Have you attempted to perform the update on another computer? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Febbers
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Yup tried a different computer too. Have you guys had anyone else with this sound issue? It's not intense but it's a slight 1 to 2 second cut and it happens twice in a row randomly. By the way I have a LG 55um7300pua 

Highlighted

Hi Febbers, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

Thank you for providing this information, It is most helpful. 

I haven't come across anyone experiencing the same issues. Do you get it on all sources? Can you tell me how you have your Roku Box?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O

Highlighted
Febbers
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

I just checked and the cut offs do not happen on the TV apps but it does happen on my Playstation 3 and roku  

Highlighted

Thank you for this information!

Can you tell me how you have everything connected so I can determine if there is an issue in your set up?

I look forward to your reply! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O