Bose Soundbar 700 Sound quality vs the Soundtouch 300

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose Soundbar 700 Sound quality vs the Soundtouch 300

I have been looking to get a Soundtouch 300 for a while now. However with the Soundbar 700 coming out in a few weeks I am tempted to wait even though the 700 is $100 more than the 300. And I am sure that once the 700 drops the 300 will receive a price drop to clear out inventory. From what I can tell, all they seem to have added in the 700 is built in Alexa support, and since I already have an echo sitting in my living room i dont know if I should wait or just get the 300 now. Does anyone know if Bose has made any changes to the Soundbar 700 to make it sound better than the Soundtouch 300? Or is it just a Soundtouch 300 with Alexa built in?

39 REPLIES
Wistful Whiz

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Sound quality vs the Soundtouch 300

If I was you, I would wait for the 700.

I have a Bose Soundtouch 300 with subwoofer and rear surround speakers.  I recently purchased an Amazon Echo Dot.  I love the Bose and the sound quality, but it is a little cumbersome using the Soundtouch app.  Maybe the new version will be easier to work with.  

Audible Advocate

Using the Alexa skill for Bose soundtouch really helps with using all you soundtouch speakers hand/app free
Wistful Whiz

Of course.  You need to use the Alexa skill.  It is still problematic.

Audible Advocate

I can’t imagine the Alexa integrated speaker will be any different.

Hi @Enzo91

Thank you for posting in the community!

The SoundTouch 300 and Soundbar 700 both utilize the same driver configurations, so the sound quality will be very similar.  The Soundbar 700 will also be compatible with the new Bose Music app and full integration with the new Smart Speaker line up,  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hey Bose, it looks like your new line-up will be no longer compatible with the SoundTouch environment. I have invested quite a lot in SoundTouch equipment. Have you given up on SoundTouch after many updates and software glitches? Will there be a gradual fade out of SoundTouch? I am trying to find logic in your product lineup... Did I make a wrong investment?
Audible Advocate

If I decide to replace my lifestyle 135 III in future by a 700, the new 700 won’t be compatible anymore with my ST 10 and 20???

**bleep**!

Engineering at Bose:
Hey guys let’s build a product lineup of streaming devices that can be linked, to replace a product lineup of streaming devices that can be linked???
Wistful Whiz

They have that.  It's called the Bose Soundtouch 300.

Audible Advocate

It’s so disheartening, I read elsewhere on another forum that Sonos has continued to update and add new features to new speakers but at least keeps them combatable with even their first generation. After investing about $2500 in SoundTouch, I’m beginning to lose hope that Bose has their long time supporters at heart.