I Purchased the Bose 700 soundbar + 700 base module today. During the ADAPTIQ setup, I ran through the steps of sitting in 5 different positions and let the soundbar emit the sounds as expected. During the final step, I did see the "Calibration Complete" message and once I click on it, it moves to the next step and gives me a message "something went wrong". I've tried powering off the soundbar (not the base module) and rerun the calibration. Everytime, I see the same message. Is this a software bug? I'm running the latest version of Bose App (1.2.2).
Feb 26, 2019
Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Community.
Normally the "Something went wrong" error code is caused by one of 3 things.
1) There is a lot of noise in the background while attempting to calibrate the audio, in which situation I would recommend that you try and calibrate the audio and remove as much background sound as possible.
2) The cable connection has come loose, resulting in a failed or distorted calibration, whereby I would advise ensuring that this is firmly connected and not excessively pulling on the cable while moving around.
3) There is a fault in the hardware of either the headset or the system, to which I would advise you get in touch with the local Bose support in your region over the phone to get a replacement headset or to have the Soundbar inspected/repaired.
I hope this helps!
Dec 15, 2016
Thanks for posting. I would recommend trying a few things,
Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:
Reset the Bass module by following these steps:
If you could please give that a try and let us know.
Tony G - Community Support
Oct 23, 2018
That's not a good way to start. If i were you, i would return the entire system and get another one. Judging from all the issues of the bose 700 (especially the bass module) you want to get it right the first time. Becasue if you are having issues now, wait until you get it connected and start having other issues (like bass module not working, or remote not connecting, etc).
I've had issues with my bass module and returned it each time. So far (crossing my fingers) so good.
I reset the soundbar and the bass module, added them back to my Bose account from scratch..
The issue still remains..You can view the screenshots below..any ideas? BTW, this is an android phone if that helps..I'm not sure if this is a software/hardware issue..
Thanks for the update! I'd like to gather a little more information and will reach out to you via PM.
Just for the broader audience...I tried it run the calibration from an iphone and it worked with out any issues.
So the problem appears to be specific to android devices for now.
Thanks for writing in! We did test this problem in our demo room and we were unsuccessful in recreating this issue with a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0 There was a recent update to the app and systems that launched today. If you were not prompted to update the app, please check the Google Play Store. The speaker should be running 2.1.10 firmware. You check this under the technical info tab in the speaker settings. If it is still on 2.1.7, please factory default the system. Once it's back on the network, it should automatically begin the update.
If this doesn't help, I'd recommend trying to clear the cache of the Bose Music app in your app settings to see if this helps.
Let us know how it goes!