Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asc1939
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 and ADAPTIQ calibration issue

I have experienced this on my newly installed system today. No bass module. The tests are quite frightingly loud, so no wonder the room is too noisey. I am really dissapointed that I have bought myself into a setup problem I have spent my first day trying to update software via the sevice socket and now waking up the neighbours with adaptiq stupid unnecessary noises, it is ridiculous that such a modern system uses such an unfriendly method. How is it that Apple and others manage this without end user fiddle faddling about and getting tied up in silly unnecessary technical issues that are not really related to getting good listening, but resolving poorly implemented technology. My wife, age 82, specifically asked me to get Bose as she loves your iPod Sound box. Easy to use and listen too. Here we have moved in to self indulging tech for tech sake. The system is being returned tomorrow, within a day of use after reading this forum I do not wish to spend my latter years debugging Bose poor product implementation, I have music to enjoy...

V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2015

Hi,

Just to add that I am in the UK and experiencing this issue. 

I originally had the Soundbar 700 and Surround 700 speakers (no bass) and was able to perform  AdaptIQ a few months ago. It performed the high pitched sounds as expected. 

Fast forward to today where I have added the Base Module 700 and re-run AdaptIQ. It fails on the large thumping base sound indicating the room is too noisy. 

I have also tried standing outside of the room with a closed door to get past the bass  part of the process. This works, however when I re-enter for the high pitched sound, it also fails for the room being too noisy. 

This is not an issue of the equipment needing to be reset or a faulty headset. 

Bose - we need an update on this issue. 

V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2015

@Vicky_W  Could you please update us on this issue?

brian.barnhart
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

ADAPTiQ Calibration

So I set up my 700 soundbar and 500 base module and ran the ADAPTiQ calibration.  Ran perfectly fine, no issues.  A couple days later I added surround speakers to the set up and tried running the calibration again with the surround speakers this time and nothing is working.  I tried running the set up the exact same way as before, sitting in the exact same spots as I did before and I've gotten almost every "error" possible from:

- Something is wrong with ADAPTiQ contact Bose

- We can't hear anything (even though I clearly can)

- The room is too loud (even though there is literally no noise except the speaker)

I'm not quite sure what is going on, I've even tried changing my position (standing instead of sitting) which seemed to work for some positions, but then I get to one which would fail. Then I tried moving the surround speakers to there was clear line of sight (does this even matter) to each position I was in, still nothing.  I'm not quite sure what is going on, the calibration usually gets through the base module and speaker just fine but fails every time when it gets to the surround speakers. Any ideas!? Thanks in advance! 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: ADAPTiQ Calibration

One solution might be a factory reset of your soundbar and start over from the beginning.

brian.barnhart
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

Yea I was hoping not to have to do that, but I've tried everything else so that might have to be it unfortunately.  Maybe someone will have a miracle solution! 

SanjayPantula
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Even am facing the same issue. Added surround speakers and tried running calibration but getting the same errors though I have pin drop silence at home. Tried factory settings reset as well but no help 

Nomad-2020
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Dear @MadX66

Jessie,

Did you find the solution to yr Bose/sb700/Adaptiq isseus?

I live in the Netherlands and facing the same issues with my adaptiq.

Mine was purchesed from the MEDIAMARKT.

All steps have been taken, reset/power off/clean install on iphone7

Thanks and hope you can assist

best regards, 

V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2015

According to this post on the German forums, Bose is working on a firmware to fix the problem...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Nach-Update-neue-AdaptiQ-Messung-nicht-möglich/td-p/234164/...

RAMSHIK
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

I'd like to add that tuning adaptiq is a pain that leads to a very flat sound ..

For example, I noticed such a moment that when setting up the rear drivers, I had to set the volume to -40, otherwise after adjusting the adaptiq, I practically did not hear them.

I had to put the subwoofer right under the soundbar to get normal bass after tuning through the terrible adaptiq, I moved the subwoofer to the corner of the room.

If I hadn't spent a lot of time on the forum, and hadn't read how anyone tried to get a normal sound out of the box, then after a complete installation I would use a system that does not have a bass at +70 and whose rear drivers reproduce a quiet sound.

In order to complete the quest with adaptiq and not get an error, at the last stage I had to bring my sensor close to the panel, then adaptiq reported a successful setting.

The whole bose team and their testers should be ashamed of this awful implementation of soundbar + bass M + surround speakers' compatibility and layout.

For a year now I have been using the system and I still cannot get a good sound from it, since the adaptiq makes the whole system sound incomplete.