Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 connectivity

Hi, I am thinking of ways in which I can connect and play music/music videos on my Soundbar 700, from my laptop (MacBook, 2013 model) or Internet radio (Auna 150), without using Bluetooth. What kind of other connection possibilities are there? I tried connecting the HDMI arc of the soundbar with the HDMI connection slot of the MacBook but no sound comes out. 

Please can someone offer other suggestions?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 connectivity

Hi Chiranjeet,

Thank you for contacting us with that question there. 

For playing music, we have the options of playing music over Airplay as you have a Mac book and this will allow you to play iTunes media. The reason it's not working with the HDMI for your Mac Book is because it doesn't have a HDMI ARC port on there so it would only do the video. 

We do have the Music Service of TuneIN available in the Bose Music app but I've had a look and the Auna 150 Radio station isn't available through them so that would need to be done through Bluetooth. 

What kind of videos are you trying to watch to sync up with your soundbar? 

Let me know and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it. I watch youtube videos or videos which I have on my laptop. The Auna 150 Internet radio is not a radio station, but a set which has a connector for Line-out, Headphone and Auxillary -In. I was wondering if the Line-out for the Auna Radio could in some way be connected to the Soundbar. Hence my earlier question. 

Highlighted

@chiranjeet Sadly, the Soundbar 700 does not have an AUX-in port and therefore this would not be possible through traditional connections. It's possible that you could explore looking into some form of adapter in order to be able to establish that connection, perhaps with the optical-in port on the soundbar. As this is not some that Bose provides, I would not be able to recommend any adapter but I'd like to welcome to the Bose Community to make any suggestions.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Thank you, Charlotte. I will try to look around for adaptor options if any. Wound be wonderful if the range of connectivity for Bose high-end products in the future could cover for options like these. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

Stay safe!

Jeet