Highlighted
Arnout
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 - controlling Ziggo Mediabox Next (arris dcx960) support

Pairing my bose soundbar 700 universal remote with my setup box a ziggo mediabox next (Arris DCX960) does not work.

Anyone know when support for this device will be available?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - controlling Ziggo Mediabox Next (arris dcx960) support

Hello Arnout,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you have been unable to program your Soundbar 700 Universal Remote to control your Mediabox Next.

Could you please confirm that you have tried both the automatic and manual pairing methods?

If no code was found for the device through the automatic method, you can manually enter this by going to Advanced Setup. The Let's Try Something Else screen will appear. 

1. Tap Enter Model Number to try searching by model name, or tap Use Manufacturer's Remote to exit programming and use the device remote instead
  2. Tap the Enter TV Model Number field to enter the device model, then tap Continue
    Note: The app might ask for the TV model. Enter the model of the device instead

If a code was not found for the model you entered, the system will try to control the device via HDMI-CEC. This might work if the device, your system, and the TV are connected via HDMI. If so, open the settings of the device, then look for and enable HDMI-CEC options.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Arnout
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the suggested options already. And it’s not a TV but a settopbox for decoding Ziggo TV. My TV Philips TV works well with the Bose remote.

I’m not the only one struggeling with the Arris DCX960 and the Bose remote. In de Ziggo community forum several asks for a solution. I know logitech harmony already supports this specific device.

In this list with remote codes i could not find Arris at all: https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/speakers/cinem... 

So maybe its a feature request for development?

Hello Arnout,

Sorry to hear that this did not work for you.

Could you please confirm that you can select ARRIS? Is it just that none of the commands are working?

If so, please take a look at this thread where a user has the Soundbar 700 and originally had issues controlling an Arris DCX4220 box. Bose Soundbar 700 remote control issue with ARRIS DCX4220 cable

Let me know if this is not the case.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Arnout
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Yes i can confirm that i can choose ARRIS. But unfortunately DCX960 but als DCX4220 does not do the trick when i configuratie manually.

Hi Arnout, 

Thank you for confirming this. 

I've been in contact with the development team regarding your issue and there is one other thing we could try. 

They recommend setting up the remote under the brand 'UPC' with the Model 'Mediabox'. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support