RayLuke
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 flashing white light from left to right

Bose product name: soundbar 700

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Having trouble with my almost new soundbar 700.
The soundbar wouldn’t connect with the app on my iPhone or android, it’s all ways a hassle getting setup after a update.
I’ve done the  recovery mode troubleshooting and now it’s stuck with the white light flashing from left to right for 15hrs. I have followed every guided diagnostic/troubleshooting from bose and no luck

please assist 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rico_cebiche
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 flashing white light from left to right

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

I applied the web browser manual update and it fixed the problem; hence, I will call support to cancel the order. I appreciate your help!, 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
rohitsharma
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

hi luke,

i am having same trouble on brand new set. If u want to save time - take it to service station. also u can check my thread - as someone has given few trouble shooting steps but i think it will not work and this problem, Bose is not accepting that it is not just one odd however common to their system.

Regards

rico_cebiche
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

I have the same problem and started on Saturday 5th. I found my 700 soundbar with the same issue, white bar light from left to right. Power-off and power-on did not help. I called support and they recommended me to remove power for 30 sec and plug it to power again, as soon as I see activity to press the circle "o" and "mic" in the sequence "o" "mic" "o" "mic" and a green light will show, then let it do the left to right white light for 1 hour. This did not help.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

The steps posted by @rico_cebiche, is how you put the soundbar into recovery mode. Putting the soundbar in recovery mode, allows it to restart the update and will normally ensure the update goes through correctly, so if you haven't yet tried this then please do!

If you find that the update is still not installing correctly after using recovery mode and leaving the soundbar to update, then we do have another way of making sure the update goes through correctly. To complete this method for updating, you do need to know the IP address of your soundbar on your network, so please make sure you know this before starting. If you are unsure how to find the IP address of the soundbar, the guide HERE will help! You also need to have the update file for your soundbar ready to go before you start the next steps, you can download this from worldwide.bose.com/support/SB700FW

Once you have the IP address and the update file, the next step is to put the soundbar into recovery mode so it stops trying to install the currently downloaded update. For a full guide on how to put the soundbar into recovery mode, you can find this HERE.

When you see the green light blinking to indicate the soundbar is in recovery mode, you will want to manually provide the update to the soundbar by following these steps:

1. In a web browser, type the IP address of the soundbar followed by :17008/update.html into the address bar (i.e. 10.0.0.6:17008/update.html), then press Enter
  2. Select Choose File, then select the update file downloaded earlier
  3. Select Upload, then wait while the update is transferred and installed:
    • UPLOAD COMPLETE appears in the browser once the file has been transferred to your soundbar
    • While updating, a white light scrolls across the light bar on the front of the soundbar
    • The update is complete when the light bar stops scrolling

By following these steps, you will manually force a new version of the update file to the soundbar and install that rather than the previously downloaded update file. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rico_cebiche
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

I opened the case with Bose support two days ago. They did not explained this procedure to manually update using a web browser, and asked me to pay US$150 in advance to fix this.

Since I did not have other alternative, and after my protest, I accepted the charge and now is in process to send a pre-payed box and shipping the soundbar to be fixed.

I remark "protest" since the moderator mentioned the root cause as a software version issue. Besides, the the default setting is to have automatic updates, which most probably caused the issue.

Will I have a refund since the issue was caused by Bose update not tested before it was released to the public?

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi rico_cebiche,

Have you sent your soundbar to the service center yet? If not, payment for services on speakers is only taken once the soundbar has been received at the service center and the repair is underway, so you won't have been charged yet. Once you complete the manual update process you can always give your local support team a call to cancel your service.

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
rico_cebiche
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

I applied the web browser manual update and it fixed the problem; hence, I will call support to cancel the order. I appreciate your help!, 

View solution in original post

Kuladeep419
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2020

Bose product name Sounbar 700

Country USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iOS

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

we tried to reset the speaker to connect a new home but it didn’t work then we tried to do in recovery mode and it is going forever we are not be to do anything with remote 

it always blinking white color from right to left it never updated or not able to connect to speaker , it’s so hard and confusing to reset a speaker 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

reset 

recovery 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Kuladeep419,

As you mentioned you have tried putting the soundbar into recovery mode, have you also tried manually updating once in recovery mode? If not, I've put a guide on how to manually update your soundbar above, if you follow that, I am sure you will be able to get your soundbar back to working correctly again!

Let me know how you get on!

dr.alex.torres@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2021

Thanks for all these detail instructions. I did follow them but when is time to put the system in recovery mode (to blink green) I go to the browser but the address doesn't work/connect. I keep refreshing the browser but still. Then after 20-30 seconds the green light disappears and then the white bar starts scrolling from left to right again. At this point then the IP address connects and I can start uploading the file. When it gets to the end it says..."oops...that didn't work. Download a different file and try again."  Capture.PNGI have done this maybe 15 times but the result is the same every time. Would you please guide on what to do next? Thanks!