Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 no audio from dvd or roku

My Bose Soundbar 700 is connected to a Pioneer Elite tv via the optical audio out cable. The antenna will play through the soundbar (and the tv speakers as well). A Bluray/DVD player and Roku are connected to the tv by HDMI cables but the audio only comes from the tv speakers, not the Soundbar. I would think that the audio out signal should be the same whether the input is the antenna or the DVD/ Roku. The tv is older and does not have an HDMI ARC output, only the optical.

Is there anything I can do with the Soundbar to fix this issue? I couldn't find any options in the tv audio setup that helped.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 no audio from dvd or roku

Author Accepted Answer selected by justjoekingjr

Just found one source from 2012 (it is an old tv) that said Pioneer plasma tv's turn off the digital out signal when connected to an HDMI source. That would explain the issue I'm having. They thought it might be related to some sort of copyright concerns. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 no audio from dvd or roku

Author Accepted Answer selected by justjoekingjr

Just found one source from 2012 (it is an old tv) that said Pioneer plasma tv's turn off the digital out signal when connected to an HDMI source. That would explain the issue I'm having. They thought it might be related to some sort of copyright concerns. 

View solution in original post