Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 remote

Hello,

The remote was working great but now when using the directional buttons it responds with two clicks when you press it once moving you beyond what you are trying to select? I have replaced the batteries and unpaired and repaired within the app with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

thx. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 remote

Hello Blkloud63,

Thanks for posting! 

I'm truly sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Soundbar 700 Universal Remote. 

Is this happening when controlling all sources? 

I'd recommend resetting your soundbar by removing the power for 30 seconds. 

Let me know if this makes a difference.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Hello, 

thanks for responding. Not sure what you mean all sources? I only use the remote for Bose and the tv. I did as requested and unplugged for 30 seconds and still having the same issue. The only thing I did notice was the home button no longer works. It flashes on the Soundbar but nothing happens. It Use to bring up the  source menu on the tv.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

I just tried going into settings,tv,and removed it.  Added it back in and now the home button is working as it did. But still double clicks when pressed once. I unplugged it one more time. No changes. Still skips. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

???

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Blkloud63 don't waste your time. Bose introduced yet another issue with soundbar 700 and the latest firmware 6.0.15.

See below, the behaviour for me... And the remote was working perfectly fine before...

I already posted about this issue in the Smart Speaker forum (The one dedicated to the soundbar 700).

Don't bother with reset and removing batteries... You will need a firmware update from Bose to fix it if it ever comes... Don't hold your breath though.

2 new issues have now been introduced with the Bose remote:

- There is a big lag when pressing the keys repetitively to navigate through menus on the TV or Apple TV - The remote is very slow to respond or transmit the command to the devices

- Sometime pressing once a button on the remote sends multiple times the same command to the device - For example pressing once the right arrow on the Bose remote will move the cursor very fast 4-5 position to the right instead of 1 as expected.

This is yet another new issue introduced by a firmware update. Honestly I do not understand how Bose can release firmware after firmware and keeps introducing new issues each time.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Thank you for your response. I knew something’s was up when I was just left hanging!