Ed_Chapman
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Bose Soundbar 700 requires power off on to often

Intermittent issue always require power off then on to resolve.

-A loud pop hiss can sometimes be heard on screen then no sound. soundbar needs to be turned off on to operate again.

-Sound works but Alexa does not respond. Power off on to work again. 

Is there a firmware update to fix these issues?

Bose product name Soundbar 700

Country. NZ

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

6 REPLIES 6
MK_704
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 requires power off on to often

Same issue on my end. It started happening a few weeks ago. I called Bose tech support and they tried to tell me the problem was my electrical outlet- it’s not, I switched power strips and on a different breaker and same thing happens. It’ll pop, cut off, and require unplugging and replugging back in. I’ve tried resetting back to factory defaults as well. 

I’m running hdmi arc through new Samsung tv. 

this is a well known problem with no solution or help from Bose. For the price of this soundbar it should work flawlessly. I’m beyond annoyed and wish I would have went with B&W. 

Jessie_O

Hey Both, 

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome!  

I'm sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this issue. I will be more than happy to help you! 

Can you tell me if there is a specific thing that happens which causes the popping? Is Alexa a separate issue? Or is this resolved by the reset too?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MK_704
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

there is no specific issue that causes it- it seems to happen randomly. Some times it’ll happen a few times in the same day, other times it’ll be a few days between events. 

last night we were streaming when it happened. Reset has not helped issue 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this MK! 

Does the issue seem to occur on a particular device at all? I'd also like to know if you have the volume at the maximum when you are experiencing this? 

I'd recommend that we also cover all troubleshooting steps we have listed here.

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MK_704
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

a particular device? It’s connected to my tv. I have various systems plugged in to my HDMI ports- PlayStation, cable box, Apple TV. This issue happened watching all of these at various times. 

issue occurs at every volume level. 

I covered all the bases already on your list. 

Keith_L

Thanks for checking that and letting us know MK_704!

By asking the pop was happening with a particular device, it was checking whether the issue only happened when listening from the TV, or whether it also happened with devices like your Playstation, or when streaming music from the Bose Music app, or Bluetooth as well.

From how you have been describing this, and how the troubleshooting has been going, it does sound like a hardware component within the soundbar is causing the pop and the need for a restart, so I would advise booking the soundbar in for a service to get this resolved. You can book the service by reaching out to your local support team, or in some regions from the Bose website using the "Repair and Replacement" option under support. You can find the contact information for your local support team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps.