Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisR87
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2021

Bose Soundbar 700 universal remote tv connection issue

Hi all,

I moved house and set up by tv and Bose 700 soundbar which was working fine using the Bose universal remote to control my tv. 

After 1 day the remote stopped controlling the tv. I didn’t change any settings, etc.

I have now reset soundbar, reset remote and reset tv. I have searched community and tries some tips but nothing works.

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 universal remote tv connection issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello ChrisR87, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

I am sorry that your remote has stopped working after one day of moving into a new house. Did it work correctly in the old house? The troubleshooting you have tried to get this resolved is great! As the soundbar is not responding to power, volume and source selection commands from the remote provided with it, let's try the following:

• Operate the remote within 6 metres (20 feet) of the soundbar, as this is its maximum operating range.
  • If the six source icons on the remote are blinking, the remote is not associated with the soundbar. To re-associate the remote with the soundbar:
  1. On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote’s pairing list
  2. Press the Centre Navigation button once to put the remote into pairing mode
  3. Open the Bose Music app and tap on the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner
  4. Select Settings > Pair New Remote
  5. Follow the instructions in the app
  6. Once the remote is found, tap Continue to complete the pairing process
  • To configure this remote to operate other devices, refer to Programming the universal remote.
  • Install a set of new batteries in the remote. If you've recently replaced the batteries, make sure that the positions of the + and - symbols on the batteries match the + and - markings inside the battery compartment.

Installing the batteries

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 universal remote tv connection issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello ChrisR87, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

I am sorry that your remote has stopped working after one day of moving into a new house. Did it work correctly in the old house? The troubleshooting you have tried to get this resolved is great! As the soundbar is not responding to power, volume and source selection commands from the remote provided with it, let's try the following:

• Operate the remote within 6 metres (20 feet) of the soundbar, as this is its maximum operating range.
  • If the six source icons on the remote are blinking, the remote is not associated with the soundbar. To re-associate the remote with the soundbar:
  1. On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote’s pairing list
  2. Press the Centre Navigation button once to put the remote into pairing mode
  3. Open the Bose Music app and tap on the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner
  4. Select Settings > Pair New Remote
  5. Follow the instructions in the app
  6. Once the remote is found, tap Continue to complete the pairing process
  • To configure this remote to operate other devices, refer to Programming the universal remote.
  • Install a set of new batteries in the remote. If you've recently replaced the batteries, make sure that the positions of the + and - symbols on the batteries match the + and - markings inside the battery compartment.

Installing the batteries

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post