apples
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Bose Soundbar Dolby Atmos

Hello Dear Bose Team,

I found that there are some posts about the support of Dolby Atmos for the Soundbar 700. My Problem is: I would like to own the white Soundbar 700 but I won't spend money on something that does not support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. I'm still wondering what to buy and unfortunately at the moment the best suitable choice would be the Samsung HW-Q90R. This would be a compromise as I would prefer much more to have a Bose System. I love Bose design and Audio Quality. My question is, is there anyway to know, for sure, if I should wait till maybe a new Soundbar model comes out that supports Dolby Atmos or DTS:X or can I get the Bose Soundbar 700 because it will be updated with some speakers for a Dolby Atmos compatibly? If I can't be sure, i will wait a bit longer but then have to go and get the Samsung System.

Thank you and Kind reagrds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose Soundbar Dolby Atmos

Author Accepted Answer selected by apples

No, there is no way to know when and if Bose will ever introduce a Dolby Atmos system.  A Bose Soundbar 700 could never be a Dolby Atoms system because it does not have over-head or upward firing speakers.  It's possible Bose could introduce some sort of add-on system, but you won't know that until they announce it.  In my opinion, people should purchase things based on what they can do now, not what you hope they can do in the future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by apples

No, there is no way to know when and if Bose will ever introduce a Dolby Atmos system.  A Bose Soundbar 700 could never be a Dolby Atoms system because it does not have over-head or upward firing speakers.  It's possible Bose could introduce some sort of add-on system, but you won't know that until they announce it.  In my opinion, people should purchase things based on what they can do now, not what you hope they can do in the future.

View solution in original post

apples
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Thank you. Yes I agree. I ended up getting the Samsung one and am also really happy

pell26
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Same problem here. I like Bose. But without Atmos, I do not buy.

Steve V
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Does a representative from BOSE have any insight to their soundbar development roadmap? When will there be a successor to the Soundbar 700, such as a Soundbar 900? I'm also torn between the Soundbar 700 package and Samsung HW-Q90R to complement a Samsung 75" QLED I've recently purchased.

Chandan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Ditto Pell26 ! I am holding off upgrading my home theatre hoping that Dolby Atmos and DTS X tech is incorporated into Bose products. I admit I am a Bose freak, but the response of the company with regards to compatibility with emerging tech from has been disappointing. Alternatively Bose could provide clarity if they are upgrading their existing  proprietary technology like Phaseguide , Quietport etc to take on Object based audio and inform their dwindling loyal customer base about their plan to include/not include Dolby Atmos and DTS X. 

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Yes, they do.  However, they would never post it on a public forum.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If I was hot for Dolby Atmos and wanted to stick with Bose, I would purchase two Bose Acoustimass 10's and a 3rd party 9.2 receiver.  My ceiling is way too high for upward firing speakers and I don't think they work very well anyway.  You could do a really nice Dolby Atmos 7.2.2 or 5.2.4 system for $2,500.

As a matter of fact, I would sell my Bose Acoustimass 300 system and do one now, but I'm more into high resolution music at the moment.