Stacey1000
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Bose Soundbar System Bundle

I bought this yesterday at Costco.  What a mistake!!!  I’m so disappointed I may never buy Bose products again.  It has the soundbar 500, a Bose Bass Module 500 and a Bose Soundbar Universal Remote.  I have the Soundbar 500 connected but no way to connect the bass module.  The Bose music app is lousy.  Support for the bass module is non existent.  If I knew what a nightmare this is to set up I would have went with Sonos.  Since it’s Saturday evening, I now have to wait until Monday before I can get in touch with product support.  Boo Bose!  Boo!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose Soundbar System Bundle

I don't know if this will help, but it seems to for me (it's often determined by when in the process that you plug the bass speaker in):

Unplug the bass for about a minute and the light will fade at the back.  It's important that the light is off as they sometimes hold charge for 20 sec or so.

If the bar is set up in the app, procees to the options, add accessory speaker and follow the prompts. 

Onliy once it is searching for the accessory speaker that you plug the bass speaker in.

Fingers crossed for you

@Stacey1000 wrote:

I bought this yesterday at Costco.  What a mistake!!!  I’m so disappointed I may never buy Bose products again.  It has the soundbar 500, a Bose Bass Module 500 and a Bose Soundbar Universal Remote.  I have the Soundbar 500 connected but no way to connect the bass module.  The Bose music app is lousy.  Support for the bass module is non existent.  If I knew what a nightmare this is to set up I would have went with Sonos.  Since it’s Saturday evening, I now have to wait until Monday before I can get in touch with product support.  Boo Bose!  Boo!