Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Bose Soundtouch 300

Hello,

After doing some research, I am still a bit confused about the difference between the 300 and 700 soundbars.

What I mainly got is that they are mainly the same if we exclude Alexa (that is not yet available in my country) and the remote control (that is not a major concern for me) in terms of sound quality and functionality.

There is the main advantage with the Soundtouch 300 of being able to wirelessly connect multiple speakers around the home (in contrast to the 700).

Is this true?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by nehmeraad

Hi Nehmeraad, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

You will be able to wirelessly connect to multiple SoundTouch speakers with the 300 whereas you won't be able to do this on the 700. You will be able to connect to other Bose Smarthome speakers with the Soundbar 700. 

I hope this helps clear this up for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by nehmeraad

Hi Nehmeraad, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

You will be able to wirelessly connect to multiple SoundTouch speakers with the 300 whereas you won't be able to do this on the 700. You will be able to connect to other Bose Smarthome speakers with the Soundbar 700. 

I hope this helps clear this up for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Thank you for your reply. It is clearer for me now

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

They are two completely different operating systems.  The hardware is basically the same.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Thanks